What You'll Do
Our Claims Representatives in Non Standard Auto ensure the delivery of quality claim service to our customers and other parties to a claim while protecting the assets of Sentry. You’ll do this by:
- Verifying that coverage exist
- Investigating and gathering information about claims by contacting all parties involved
- Documenting all decisions, correspondences, reports and discussions
- Gaining experience in determining liability and setting reserves
- Evaluating your investigations to make decisions about the claims
- Learning about determining if subrogation exists and taking steps necessary for recovery
- Resolving claims in the best interest of the insured, claimant and Sentry
What it Takes
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years of related insurance or coursework beneficial
- Knowledge of insurance policies and coverage, claim payments procedures and familiarity with medical terminology preferred
- The desire, ability and interpersonal savvy to handle a fast-paced, high volume work environment
- Effective oral and written communication and human relation skills
- Ability to make sound decisions while using good judgment in evaluating claims
- Effective computer skills
- Ability to meet travel requirements
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
- Pretax Dependant Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Kim Stark at
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Founded in 1904, Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in America.
Sentry is one of the...