Operations Project Managers are responsible for the timely and cost-effective completion of utility-scale solar energy projects. As such, Operations Project Managers serve as the primary responsible party for all project-related activities from completion of development through to commercial operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owns project schedule; responsible for conducting team meetings, delegating tasks, and managing project activities across multiple departments and functions
- Owns project costs; responsible for managing change orders and tracking budget versus actuals
- Leads contract management; ensures compliance with Power Purchase Agreements, interconnection agreements and site control agreements; negotiates and administers EPC contracts; assists Project Finance team with financing agreements
- Troubleshoots issues as they arise; evaluates alternatives and proposes solutions
- Communicates project status, risks, and opportunities to executive management
- Preference given for experience in Solar, Renewable Energy or Power Generation
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management and/or Construction Management with at least 4 years as a project manager
- Strong leadership abilities and interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication
- Computer literacy
- Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Project Management or related field from an accredited university
SunEdison offers a competitive base salary + performance based bonus program with a leading, high growth entrepreneurial company. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and dental coverage; life insurance; hybrid vehicle assistance; public transportation assistance; generous paid time off and a matching 401(k) program.