Direct Hire—Washington, D.C.
UDig has a direct hire position available with a company located in the D.C. area. Our client is seeking a Systems Engineer.
- Being responsible for entire life cycle of product provisioning
- Implementing rapid cloud scaling technologies
- Using Puppet to model the cloud infrastructure in code
- Using Mcollective for server orchestration and batch jobs
- Proficiency with the Linux, Ubuntu, or Debian
- Expertise in networking (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS)
- Expertise in database technologies (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (python, ruby, erlang)
- Expertise in automated configuration management (Puppet or Chef)
- Experience with trending and monitoring with Graphite, NewRelic, Nagios, MMS, and writing custom checks
- Understanding of cloud technologies such as, EC2, S3, ELB, RDS, SNS, and Cloudwatch
- Experience managing a highly-available, highly-scalable, and highly-secure systems architecture
UDig is a Richmond based information technology staffing and consulting firm founded in 2001 with additional offices in Hampton Roads, Washington, D.C., and Raleigh. UDig offers a unique blend of technical expertise and recruitment strategies. As a candidate we understand that you are more than your professional skills. We get to know more than your technical expertise to ensure that we find the best environment to meet your goals. As for our name? It's our belief that you should "Do what you dig."
UDig is a leading provider of technology consultants, project critical teams and strategic outsourcing services. Since getting our start in...