Job ID: GEN-3
Job Title: Enterprise Applications Software Specialist
Job Location: Lancaster, PA
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 6 month(s)
Enterprise Applications Software Specialis t
The Enterprise Applications Software Specialist has primary responsibility for delivering quality support of multiple enterprise applications used by administrative and/or academic departments across campus. In the near term, this position will staff the core project team in support of project BOOST a key effort aimed at the replacement of many of the Colleges administrative technology solutions with Ellucian Banner and associated products. Longer term, the Applications Software Specialist will leverage knowledge gained as part of the project team to support solutions beyond the applications which make up the administrative ERP.
- Provide information, training, and support for all software applications used by the supported department(s).
- Analyzes requests for and develops ad hoc SQL queries, reports, and data extracts.
- Develops and implements the most efficient method for performing recurring tasks and generating consistent results, e.g., view-building, use of Banner ODS views, Cognos, PL-SQL scripting.
- Promotes standards and methods for the creation and on-going maintenance of technical documentation, especially for the Ellucian Banner application, to help ensure the smooth operation of administrative and/or academic departments in the face of personnel changes, absences, retirements, etc. Contributes to the development of these standards.
- Promotes user independence by encouraging the use of standard processing methods and tools, online documentation and other resources, and by participating in training opportunities
- Takes part in the installation, configuration, maintenance and support of various software packages part of, or closely related, to the campus ERP to include: Banner Relationship Management, campus document imaging systems, campus workflow systems, solutions deployed to consolidate and automate the import of various incoming campus data feeds.
- Performs a variety of quality assurance procedures to include configuration, documentation, and participation in best practice change control.
- Provide necessary support outside of normal business hours of deployed software architecture and participate as a member of an after hours on-call rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in Computer Science or a related field and 2 years of technical experience supporting an enterprise software package; will consider equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A strong foundation in relational database concepts is required, as are strong to expert level SQL/PLSQL skills, with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Familiarity with the support of any of the following products is a plus, as is experience in a college or university setting: Oracle databases/application servers, MS SQL Server, mySQL, Ellucian Banner/ODS/EDW/BPRA, IBM Cognos, Open Source, or LAMP stack based solutions.
- The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.