FCH ENTERPRISES, INC.
Reporting to store management, this position is responsible for ensuring guest satisfaction, primarily by providing quality food consistently and efficiently. This position performs back up, prep work, or line work in the kitchen, beginning with close, progressing to, limited supervision. Assistant Cooks may advance to the Cook position when successfully trained and able to demonstrate competence in all areas of the kitchen.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Prepares raw food for cooking and presentation.
- Supports Cook(s) by providing adequate food items for cooking and presentation.
- Is proficient in at least one (1) cooking station.
- Cooks orders to the guest’s preference while adhering to Company established recipes, portions, and methods.
- Is knowledgeable of and adheres to proper food handling procedures and safety/ sanitation guidelines at all times.
- Maintains a constant flow of communication with all staff members to ensure a smooth flow of service.
- Regularly checks all food items to ensure adequacy and quality at all times.
- Replenishes all supplies according to designated quantities and time requirements. Minimizes waste and ensures that stock is always fresh by checking dates and rotating stock.
- Identifies and understands the proper use of cooking tools and equipment, recognizing those in need of repair and reports to manager for repair/replacement.
- Maintains a safe, sanitary, and organized workspace.
- Completes Utility job duties in the absence of the Utility position on shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Meets assigned shift requirements.
- Regularly push, pull, and carry up to 20 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Stand and walk at least 6-8 hours.
- Reach at shoulder level and below waist constantly, above head occasionally.
- Bend at waist occasionally.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Passed a tuberculosis (TB) skin test within 5 years of start date.
- Pass a drug screening test.
- Works in a variety of temperatures ranging from 0 - 95 degrees or more.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous culinary experience and/or education preferred.
- Ability to learn and practice new/innovative food preparation and service methods as determined by the company.
- Able to interact with guests and co-workers in a friendly, enthusiastic, and outgoing manner.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Possess problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Reading, writing, speaking, and comprehending the English language.
- Trustworthy with company property.
- Enjoys multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
- Punctual and dependable.