It’s the perfect time to look into a new career with Parkland hospital!
For more than 120 years, Parkland has been a critical part of the health care community in Dallas; and today it is more important than ever!
Join the Parkland team and be part of the new tradition while making a real difference in patient’s lives.
NEWBORN NURSERY - REGISTERED NURSE I
Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with established protocols and multidisciplinary plan of care utilizing independent, dependent, and interdependent interventions to restore stability, prevent complications, and achieve and maintain optimal patient responses for all patients through patient centered/patient valued care.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Must have current RN license or valid temporary permit with the Texas Board of Nursing or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card.
- May be required to have additional specialty certifications.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Applicants must pass Medication Examination prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Medication Examination on file.
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient centered/patient valued care. -Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients,
- May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead paging system. Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
Parkland Health & Hospital System - 15 months ago