Job Overview Make a difference
Can you solve a problem of untrained individuals and offshore projects not measuring up to regulatory standards? Well if you can, we need to talk ASAP. But consider this, we care more about what you can accomplish and the results you’ve achieved, than your experience.
This Process Safety Engineer will work on some of the most important projects in the GOM and will address critical issues such as untrained individuals and projects not measuring up to regulatory standards as well as lead projects in the assessment of risk. If this is the type of work that pumps you up every day, we need to talk. If you have a background in HAZOP/HAZID and would like to be involved in reducing injury and risk; and saving a company in overall cost of injury or accident check out the details and apply now.
Roles & Responsibilities |
• Identify, scope and implement Process Safety support to projects and operational sites;
• Develop Process Safety engineering studies to specific project requirements; including Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Major Accident and Risk Analysis (MAR), Safety Integrity Level (SIL), Worst Case Scenarios, Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA), Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Hazard and Operability Analysis (HAZOP) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA);
• Lead risk assessment and safety workshops (i.e. PHA, HAZOP, What-If Analysis, HAZID, JSA, etc.) including workshop preparation, scribe and client reporting;
• Liaise with other disciplines for applicable engineering interfaces;
• Ensure compliance with prescribed Company Business Management System / laws & regulations.
Experience Required These are educational requirements and years of experience needed to be considered:
• BS degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent;
• Minimum 10 years experience of increasingly related responsibilities in the implementation process engineering;
• Minimum 5 year experience implementing Process Safety on Subsea and Topside Projects
• Experience in developing, implementing or managing process safety / risk management programs
• Experience on carrying out PHA / LOPAs, QRAs, HAZIDs and HAZOPs;
• Familiar with international codes and industry process safety standards, such as NFPA, ASME, API, CGA, and ISO;
• Registered professional engineer, Chartered engineer or actively pursuing this recognition; CSP or CFSE certifications preferred;
• Physically capable of completing offshore safety training;
• Mandatory fluency in English. Conversational Spanish a plus
Benefits This job offers the chance to work with a premium consulting subsea engineering company; enabling the development of leadership skills. We're looking for someone who wants to enhance the company's expertise in safety awareness. Any Other Information If you’d like to be considered for this position, send us your resume and along with a quick summary of two significant accomplishments. Make one of them related to a team project involving implement Process Safety support and the other an individual accomplishment involving HAZOP/HAZID workshops. They should each be a paragraph or two, with fewer bullets and more description the better.