Our Chicago location is looking for a Transportation Planner . The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in transit service planning, financial and economic analysis of transportation projects, and GIS analysis.
- Preparing feasibility studies for transit systems
- Using GIS, map demographics and travel patterns
- Developing transit service plans and estimating the operating costs of such plans
- Analyzing potential program revenues and expenditures to create financial plans
- Querying and analyzing geo-spatial and other database information
- Developing alternative transit networks and service plans based quantitative analysis
- Interpreting and presenting alternatives to the general public
- Developing GIS, database and spreadsheet applications
- Preparing presentations and written materials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or Civil Engineering required; Master’s degree preferred
- 3 or more years of transportation planning experience
- AICP certification preferred
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills required
- Applicant must demonstrate experience with graphical presentation and spatial analysis using GIS
- Experience in transit service planning, financial analysis, and economic analysis preferred
- Software skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ESRI ArcGIS
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
HNTB - 19 months ago
HNTB knows the ABCs of A/E. The company is a pure design firm, which derives most of its revenues from architecture, engineering, or...