The Quality Assurance Analyst will be a member of the Fox News Digital team and will have the opportunity to improve the quality and accelerate the delivery of products across Fox News Digital web properties.
The ideal candidate has 1-2 years experience, is energetic, detail-oriented and has a strong desire to learn on the job. Experience working with large complex websites as well as an interest and passion for technology is a must.
QA Analyst will be responsible for designing and implementing test infrastructure, creating and enforcing good development practices, and evaluating product, user experience quality for various external and/or internal applications. Become a member of a QA team working on projects in a number of areas, including optimizations, content delivery, network protocols, content management, video and mobile products.
- Working closely with developers, project managers, product analysts, and operations during the project lifecycle to ensure that the end result meets the business requirements and a high quality product is delivered.
- Analyzing and testing Fox News Digital websites during the testing phase to ensure the systems meet clients' business requirements.
- Documenting, reporting and tracking issues and test results based on technical requirements to development team and to management.
- Ensuring systems outages and problems are reported immediately and assisting where necessary to troubleshoot production issues.
- Escalating issues / risks as necessary.
- Providing training for internal users, other team members and support as necessary.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience testing or developing front and/or backend applications.
- Experience in test automation of functional test cases and load test cases using Perl, Ruby or Python.
- Experience testing Web and Database applications and working knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Attention to detail and a passion for detail-oriented work
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, problem solving ability and strong analytical skills.
- Should thrive in a fast-paced change driven environment.
- Experience working in Agile model
- Knowledge of bug ticketing systems or Jira
- Experience with white and black box testing
- Familiarity with various testing methodologies, strategies and SDLC.
FOX News Network - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard