Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Designer Advanced to join our team . Only local candidates need apply. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
Leads game designs and teams to create game play for digital expressions of Magic.
Direct Reports: None
Within R & D: Magic R&D Digital Manager, Director of Magic R & D, Magic Producer, Magic Development Manager, Magic Head Designer. This position will also require building relationships with the Magic Business Team and Magic Digital Studio.
No supervisory responsibilities.
- Provides vision for new game concepts and for superior execution on existing concepts for Digital Magic in alignment with R&D and greater Wizards Magic strategies.
- Leads game design teams to execute on concepts for Magic Digital Games
- Designs card sets for Magic digital card products
- Playtests digital Magic games and provides feedback
- Represent R&D as an expert on digital gaming industry trends, technical aspects of game design, and Magic and Digital gaming consumer needs.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitors’ products, where applicable.
- Deliver all assigned products on-time, on-budget, and at high quality.
- Work closely with partners in Digital, CAPS, Marketing, and other departments.
- Establish relationships with the Magic Business Team and Magic Online Studio.
- Participates in analog teams and processes as assigned/necessary.
All applicants must be capable of leading teams. Critical decision-making ability is a must, as well as the ability to manage deadlines. Magic rules knowledge is also desired.
Education and Training:
Bachelors Degree required
Prior Related Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years of overall digital game design/development required
- 5+ years of passion and history involved with Magic or other TCGs as a player preferred
- Variety of experience with different game genres and platforms preferred (e.g. casual, RPG, social, online subscription)
- Ability to manage visions, projects, and small teams and hand off work by specific deadlines.
- Knowledge of Magic rules, cards, decks, and strategies.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback based upon logical reasoning.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook , follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn .
J2W Posting Code:
Wizards of the Coast
Wizards Of The Coast - 17 months ago
Wizards of the Coast has built a house of cards. The company, a unit of toy behemoth Hasbro, is best known for trading card game Magic: The...