Be a part of our World Class Organization . Durham School Services , a subsidiary of National Express Corporation a well known provider of School Bus Services in the United States and Canada, has an immediate opening for a Shop foreman / Diesel Mechanic team lead at our Cumberland, RI location. Key accountabilities for this position include customer satisfaction, productivity, technical skills and knowledge, teamwork, personal and facility image and safety as well as a Commitment to Excellence.
Durham School Services can trace its history back to 1917, to a three-bus company started in the San Gabriel Valley of California. In its early years, Durham specialized in special education transportation. This specialization has helped to nurture a unique commitment to quality service that is still maintained throughout our company today. Today, the company operates more than 12,800 school buses and serves more than 300 school districts in 30 states across the country. As a national company, we have a wealth of resources available to our customers, and still maintain an unmatched level of local support. Durham School Services has a strong record of success and decades of experience in pupil transportation. We will remain continually focused on delivering our service promise: Getting kids to school safe, on time, and ready to learn . . . every day.
The position requires:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time off Policies
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Options
- Direct Deposit
- Dental Insurance & Vision Insurance
- 401 (k) with Company Match
- Paid Holidays & Paid Vacation
- Flexible Spending Account options
Minimum of five years truck mechanical repair experience
Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required
Previous supervision experience of full time mechanics
High school graduate or equivalent education, training or experience
Must be computer proficient
Must pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and background check
Minimum of one year supervisory experience
Certification by the ASE testing program as a Master Automotive Technician and/or a Master Truck Technician,
Strong organizational ability
Interested candidates should apply online here : http://tbe.taleo.net/NA2/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DURHAMSCHOOLSERVICES&cws=2&rid=1041
To organize, lead and supervise the performance of a variety of skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled technicians in the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of NEC vehicles and to conduct more complex diagnostic and repair work with no supervision. To ensure adherence to relevant legislation, regulations, requirements, policies and safe working practices and procedures to facilitate the smooth operation and function of an effective repair and preventive maintenance program at an assigned location. To provide training, advice, guidance and leadership to lesser-qualified Technicians. To act for Manager of Maintenance during absences. .
1. Maintain the maintenance shop and its associated facilities in a state of operational readiness during its scheduled working hours.
2. Oversee (and personally comply with) the local implementation of NEC maintenance and safety standard operating procedures in this maintenance facility, ensuring that local maintenance staff follow them, and comply with all locally applicable public authority legislation, regulation and standards.
3. Oversee the local use of NEC's EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) ERP application, and maintenance facility staff to record and to track local maintenance work orders and local parts inventory. (This includes using this application personally.)
4. Oversee the parts inventory maintained and used in this maintenance facility.
5. Oversee (and participate in when appropriate) the work needed to implement preventive maintenance for the vehicles serviced by this maintenance facility.
6. Oversee (and participate in when appropriate) the work needed to complete “unscheduled repairs” to the vehicles services by this maintenance facility.
7. Represent the maintenance activity at the local level in its interaction, communication and coordination of activities with other local operations functions: driver care, route operations, and customer care.
8. Supervise the maintenance staff at this maintenance facility.
National Express is an equal opportunity employer
Unsolicited resumes or agency resumes will be the property of NEC without prior notification
"Our Commitment Is To Deliver Fleet Excellence Every Time"
Wanna go for a ride? National Express has a seat. Specializing in passenger transportation, the company serves riders in North America,...