Responsible for managing the service and support of all software applications used within Boulder Community Hospital. Specifically,
• Management of software problem identification, analysis and resolution
• Efficient use of existing functionality
• Testing and deployment of new software releases and/or functionality
• Providing customer communication and education
• Providing oversight for the day-to-day operations of the Application Service & Support Department.
The Director, Application Service & Support will work closely with the Director of Technical Infrastructure, the Director of Project Management, and customers to maintain the applications and information systems within the hospital and the hospital-owned physician clinics.
This position supervises both clinical and non-clinical systems analysts, monitors internal and vendor issues for timely and satisfactory completion, assists customers with identifying system needs, ensures the use of basic and advanced software functionality, works to maintain and/or improve patient safety and clinical workflow, and assists with the implementation of new information systems (when applicable). This is an exempt position with management and on-call responsibility.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
1. Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare or information technology related field, preferably with a clinical focus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Effective negotiator and consensus builder - able to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
3. General knowledge hospital department operations and extensive knowledge of federal and state laws for hospital registration, billing, collection, health information management, clinical documentation, provider order management, and physician clinic workflow/systems.
4. Knowledge of general principles of information systems, computer usage, system lifecycle stages, and the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
5. Analytical ability to evaluate systems, test data and/or program logic, and determine proper program execution.
6. Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts and solve problems related to computer systems/software.
7. Ability to prioritize work responsibilities and meet established deadlines
8. Ability to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of patient electronic protected health information (ePHI) and departmental documents.
1. Three (3) years in a management level position in a healthcare setting
2. Two (2) year experience in implementing information systems/applications in a clinical setting
3. Experience with clinical assessment, planning, protocol development, standards, clinical pathways, and nursing policies and procedures is preferred
4. Project Management experience is preferred
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
Position involves extensive consulting and communication with physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other non-clinical staff as well as vendors, hospital management, and outside agencies during various phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Manages clinical and non-clinical system analysts
Boulder Community Hospital - 19 months ago