The Comfort Inn in Martinsburg, WV and the Hampton Inn in Inwood, WV are seeking an individual to fill a multi-unit Director of Sales position. The chosen Director of Sales will need to bring new ideas and an outgoing personality to its team. The successful candidate will coordinate the sales efforts for a 109 room Comfort Inn with over 5000 square feet of banquet space and a 65 room Hampton Inn. Photos and information regarding these properties can be viewed at http://aikensgroup.com/go/listings/hotels/.
The Comfort and Hampton Inn are both owned and operated by the Aikens Group. The Aikens Group is a family business established in 1931 It began its operations as a construction company and in 1990 the Aikens Group launched its operation in the hospitality industry. Since it has grown to be one of the top employers in Winchester VA and Martinsburg WV. Its portfolio includes seven hotels along the Interstate 81 corridor, with an additional two properties in developmental. For more Information on the Aikens Group Visit - http://www.aikensgroup.com
Director of Sales Job Description:
Responsible leading the sales department, for revenue production for the hotel, and meeting or exceeding planned revenue objectives for occupancy and average daily rate (ADR). Manages all areas of sales according to Brand standards to achieve a professional rapport within the local business community. The Director of Sales is a “hands-on” manager, actively involved on a daily basis in securing, qualifying and following up on leads to book specific business. The Director of Sales central focus is in sales and marketing of the hotel they represent. The Director of Sales manages the sales effort and supports the General Manager on operational issues during the time of need. The Director of Sales spends most of his/her time selling the hotel. This position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Meets or exceeds budgeted REVPAR for the hotel.
- Prepares hotel’s Annual Marketing plan.
- Prepares departmental budget that correctly reflects the hotel’s business plan.
- Forecasts occupancy fluctuations and directs selling activities to maximize revenues.
- Knows the hotel’s demand segments, sources of business for each, and balances market segments according to supply and demand.
- Knows the principal competition for each market segment and takes advantage of hotel’s strengths against each competitor.
- Accurately forecasts occupancy changes based on changing market conditions (additions to supply and demand, etc.).
to guests’ needs.
- Supports guest service as the hotel’s driving philosophy.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding
Marketing and Sales Management
Human Resources Management
- Develops/assists with development of the hotel’s marketing and sales plan based on the hotel’s position and strengths within each market segment.
- Implements hotel’s marketing and sales plan.
- Analyzes and understands the competition’s strengths and weaknesses for each market segment and successfully directs marketing activities against each.
- Identifies and maintains constant communications with the hotel’s key accounts.
- Actively sells room nights through outside sales calls, telemarketing, tours, etc.
- Actively sells to in-house guests (greeting tours, talking with guests at continental breakfast to surface additional leads, etc.).
- Knows the competition well. In addition, is familiar with all “business” in the market, where that “business” stays and why.
- Uses the resources available in the Brand manual to surface, call on, and track potential business.
- Ensures that hotel employees (specifically front desk staff) are familiar with key accounts and “specifics” (special rates, special requirements, etc.) relating to business booked in the hotel.
- Helps to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
Monster - 5 months ago
Comfort Inn Hampton , hampton hotel, hotel hampton, hotel and motel in va