The Branch Manager II is responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of multiple branches and optimizing distribution routes to increase sales and reduce operating costs. The person provides direct supervision to the Route Sales Supervisors for multiple branches while providing management supervision, direction, and leadership to the route sales and load out personnel.
· Directs and coordinates activities of Route Sales staff to ensure maximum performance relative to product delivery, service and good customer relations.
· Is responsible for expense management and control, including shrink, labor and overhead costs utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
· Ensures the merchandising of customers’ shelves or racks according to predetermined plans or layouts.
· Ensures the effective use of point-of-sale advertising, displays and promotional programs.
· Investigates and resolves customer complaints related to in-store service and delivery.
· Ensures route returns are maintained within company standards.
· Ensures Company case return and sales distribution cost containment programs are adhered to.
· Analyzes route layouts to insure proper route coverage for existing/new customers or seasonal demands.
· Ensures full compliance with all company quality standards.
· Makes regular inspections to assure all facilities, equipment and vehicles are in complete compliance with company standards.
· Assists the Division/Business Unit Leader in promoting and monitoring the adopted loss control program including inspections, DOT regulations, driver training, rules and accident investigation.
· Ensures compliance with all applicable DOT regulations
· Ensures proper inventory levels.
· Manages Route Sales Supervisors/Drivers
· Sets work schedules, ensuring coverage of each route
· Utilizes data from Xatanet and other sources to manage KPI’s
· Ensures driver safety training conducted and coach safe driving practices
· Coaches and develops each driver by demonstrating skills and route riding on regular basis
· Manages customer complaints
· Follows all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas.
· Ensures compliance with all Dean Corporate policies and procedures.
· Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
Has management responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Dean Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Internal Candidates: A minimum of 5 years hands-on sale and/or distribution experience in the dairy plant or food industry, with a minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Licensed to drive trucks utilized in Branch Operations
- DOT qualified
- Able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
- A bility to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal).