Position : Network Administrator
Location: Cheyenne , Wyoming
Department: Information Services
Accountable to: Director of IT
Position Summary: Helps maintain client-server LAN, Windows 2003 Active Directory Domain, Windows and Linux servers, FTP, Web, and Email systems, Cisco routers, Avaya PBX/voice mail systems, Avaya VOIP system, Frame Relay/T1 WAN endpoints, and approximately 450 remote and local Windows workstations. Troubleshoots and repairs hardware and software problems on client-server systems in 24/7/365 operational environmental, both in person and remotely.
Areas of Accountability/Essential Functions:
- Assists remote users effectively while performing Call Center/Help Desk duties
- Installs, maintains, upgrades, and repairs user workstations
- Ensures valid backups are maintained and archived from all servers
- Maintains and updates anti-virus protection, including cleaning infected systems
- Assist with maintenance of reservation system in all locations
- Assist with server upkeep and security patches
- Installs telephone equipment, sets up voice mail; maintains PBX and VOIP systems.
- Work closely with vendors to maintain proprietary/mission critical software systems
- High degree of problem solving ability
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to change
- Understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, IPX/SPX, NetBIOS, and other network protocols
- Familiarity with HTTP, FTP, telnet, ssh, etc.
- Effective hardware skills, including ability to assemble computers and troubleshoot hardware problems
- Knowledge of operating systems, including DOS, Windows XP, Windows server 2003, and Linux
- Ability to communicate professionally in both oral and written formats with a wide variety of people, including users, vendors, and tech support agents
Working Conditions/Environment/Physical Requirements:
- Associates degree and/or equivalent training/experience in Computer Information Systems or related field
- Frequent sitting, writing, typing, use of standard office equipment
- Occasional standing, reaching, climbing stairs, kneeling/crouching, lifting up to 45lbs without assistance
- Office environment; quiet to moderate noise level
- Travel with overnight stays required
I have read and understand this job description and certify that I have the ability to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Great Lakes Airlines - 2 years ago
What makes Great Lakes Airlines such a Great Place to work?
Great Lakes Airlines offers a competitive salary and benefits package,...