The School of Education & Human Development (SEHD) at the University of Colorado Denver invites applications for part-time lecturer faculty positions to teach undergraduate level courses as Undergraduate Education Internship Supervisor.
Current courses for which we are seeking lecturers:
The individual in a temporary part-time lecturer position will teach undergraduate level courses on a semester-by-semester appointment, subject to course and budget availability.
- UEDU 4930: Early Undergraduate Internship, Spring 2013
The SEHD is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. CU Denver and the School of Education & Human Development strive to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
Must be open to using electronic media for instruction, such as eCollege and Livetext, as courses at UCD can be offered as face-to-face, hybrid, or online.
Additional Posting Description
Required Education/Experience/Skills (Minimum Qualifications)
- At a minimum, an earned master's degree in relevant content area.
- Successful teaching or clinical experience in teacher education, especially in mentoring and coaching teacher candidates and cooperating teachers
- Evidence of significant collaboration skills in working with multiple stake-holders (e.g. district administrators, principals, teachers, etc).
- Knowledge of culturally and linguistically responsive teaching practices as relevant to initial teacher education
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g. MS Office)
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Experience teaching online or with blended/hybrid models (e.g. Blackboard or eCollege and LiveText).
- Ed.D. or Ph.D. in relevant content area.
- Successful teaching experience in urban and diverse school settings Experience teaching at the undergraduate or graduate level.
Application must be submitted electronically at https://www.jobsatcu.com to be considered for this position, refer to posting #818682.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Required Application Materials:
1) Letter of application including the candidate's interests, experiences and qualifications related to the position responsibilities.
2) Current curriculum vitae.
3) Transcripts of graduate work and evidence of terminal degree. Unofficial transcripts may be sent for application.
4) Evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g. evaluations, course materials).
5) Please submit names, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three carefully selected professional references who can speak to your teaching ability.
6) If your application is selected for further consideration, you will be asked to provide two confidential recommendation letters from individuals who have specific knowledge of the skills you possess that apply to this position.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position has been established at $4,350 per 3 credit course taught. This amount is adjusted according to workload (must generate 30 student credit hours to receive full pay). This will be a semester-by-semester appointment, with the possibility of renewal. This part-time appointment is not eligible for group health, life insurance and retirement benefits.
Teaching assignments may fluctuate and are contingent upon the schedule of courses offered each term, the required number of student enrollments in your tentatively scheduled course(s), and budget availability. Thus, we cannot guarantee that you will teach particular courses or that you will actually teach in a given term.
UCD is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Some positions may require a motor vehicle report.
The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
These documents are required to be uploaded
These documents are optional to be uploaded
List of References
Class or student evaluations
Evidence of teaching effectiveness, course materials
Sample syllabus or syllabi
Number of recommendation provider email addresses required to be entered in application:
Job Posting Contact
Job Posting Contact Telephone
Job Posting Contact Email
Job Posting Number
Quicklink for Posting