Looking for a bi-lingual (Spanish-English) Front Desk person/administrative assistant. Correctional Healthcare Services is a community corrections out-patient treatment agency dedicated to the highest level of professional service and performance. It has been our privilege to provide education and treatment programs, as well as client progress tracking and monitoring for criminal justice clientele for over thirty (30) years. Despite the current economy, we are growing and looking for extraordinary individuals to grow with us.
Looking for individuals with strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to successfully de-escalate situations. Must be a punctual, self-starter that is able to multi-task and is comfortable with a fast-paced, multi-line phone, environment. Strong money handling experience is a must.
With this constantly evolving position you will never have two days that are the same. Individuals that are best suited for this position will thrive in a hyper-change environment.
Job Duties :
1. Greets clients and customers as they come in the office. Takes payments from clients. At the end of each day will do the daily deposit.
2. Prepares progress notes to referral sources and faxes them to the referral entity.
3. Inputs all data at completion of screenings. Verifies that the data is correct that is already in the computer. Does not leave out any data; notifies supervisor if therapists are failing to record all data at the time of the screen
4. Screens telephone calls and assists with walk-ins. Answers telephone within two rings providing accurate, appropriate information to and referral of clients. Always gets a telephone number for everyone who schedules an appointment.
5. Gives accurate orientation to clients as they call or arrive at CHC, following CHC format. Gives instructions for returning to court, scheduling classes, taking tests, being screened within court time frames, etc. Schedules appointments for clients with thorough accurate data.
6. Inputs court order and client information
7. Inputs Class rosters and money as the rosters are received by fax or person in CHC office. Verifies that all money is entered correctly into Transaction Database.
8. Runs all rosters, status reports and receipts for group sessions on a daily basis and sends to appropriate therapist by the scheduled date of class. Prepare any needed certificates of completion or completion letters, i.e., probation clients. Review and correct all missing or inaccurate data on the Status Report before faxing/sending to the therapists.
9. Maintains fax machine and disperses faxes to the proper person as they are received. Inputs all data on defendants referred to the Phoenix office the day of receiving the information.
10. Closes all Compliant and Non-compliant defendants on computer. Conducts outreach and document same in client’s file. Prints closures for successful defendants and updates computer information. Completes any Compliance and Non-compliance files as available daily. Assists supervisor with all closures.
11. Runs Non-compliance reports on computer, verifies information on computer in file and prepares necessary Case Status, Motion or Court Document extension and submit to court and prosecutors three (3) weeks prior to next court date.
12. Files all daily work by the end of the day. Maintains accurate filing system whereby any staff member can retrieve a file immediately and information requested by the court or Prosecutor’s office can be given immediately.
13. Records all data completely and accurately 100% of the time. Inputs data on computer completely and accurately at the time information becomes available.
14. Maintains and performs professional customer service skills to courts, prosecutors, defendants and co-workers 100% of the time.
15. Transcribes from notes efficiently and accurately and follows format presented by CHC management.
16. Handles sensitive material in a confidential manner always protecting confidentiality of clients.
17. Performs any related duties as required by the Dir. of Administration, Operations Manager, or Home detention Manager.
18. May assist in the home detention department.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
Completion of high school and basic computer training.
Prior experience as a secretary or administrative assistant in an institutional setting. Possess ability to type 50 wpm; can operate office and computer equipment, and have basic computer and word processing skills.
Must be bi-lingual Spanish/English.
Employment Requirements :
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required :
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation by the company
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test.
- Must comply with all requirements of the company substance abuse policy.
- May be required to pass a consumer credit check depending on site assignment.
- Must maintain all certifications, educational requirements, licensing, etc. for this position (if required).
Working Conditions :
- Must have the ability to comply with all CHC policies and procedures.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office software and standard office equipment including computer, copier, fax and telephone equipment.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain documentation and records in a highly organized and confidential fashion.
- Ability to perform tasks outlined in Policies and in accordance with applicable State and Federal regulations and healthcare standards.
- Must relate well to demanding team members and customers.
Employee will be operating or working around office equipment that could cause a small level of risk for injury and harm.
Employee must comply with all current and future State, Federal, and Local laws and regulations, court orders, Administrative Directives and standards and policies and procedures of the site at where assigned.