Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Enterprise Technical Consultant to join our team in Reston, Virgina.
The Enterprise Support Consultant position operates at the 3
and 4th tier of Support, and handles escalated customer issues unresolved at previous tiers. This position is also responsible for educating junior support engineers in network and server technology in structured classroom sessions as well as “on the job” training.
The Ideal Candidate will have experience in the following:
o Backup software such as Backup Exec or Acronis
- Exchange Back-end Management (2003, 2007, 2010)
- SQL DB Backup and Restore
- Disaster Recovery/ Business Continuity
o Hyper-V, VMWare
- Windows Server OS support
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Networking Essentials
- Storage (SAN, NAS, DAS)
- Microsoft Certification: MCTS, MCITP (Enterprise Messaging Admin) or the like
o Recognizes and acts on inconsistencies in data or results and escalates unusual problems.
- Investigate and resolve issues reported by customers; typically done over email, remote sessions and phone
- Interprets generally defined practices and methods.
o Forecasts, models, and utilizes advanced analytical tools.
- Presents problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
o Creates new procedures and processes to drive desired results.
o Manages multiple assignments and processes.
- Works on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, recommendations, or decisions.
- Identifies opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service levels.
- Works with minimal direction.
- Work is guided by operational and project objectives.
o Independently determines approach to project.
o Anticipates and prevents potential problems.
o Explains assumptions and methodologies.
- May be responsible for specific programs, customers and/or projects.
- Provides process and policy advice.
o Articulates pros and cons of an action in a clear manner.
o Simplifies difficult concepts for non-technical users.
- Provides guidance, leadership, technical consultation and training to less experienced team members.
- Provides comprehensive documentation of problems and solutions using appropriate information systems.
- Work with application development team on escalated issues
- Contribute to developing tech support manuals and customer self-help documentation
- Participate in possible shift work
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- 6-15 years software/ OS experience supporting Windows or *Nix Server environments
- MS-SQL or MySQL
- Exchange 2003/2007/2010
- Knowledge of and troubleshooting experience with Windows 2003 & 2008 Operating Systems
- Experience with; Enterprise Storage, Network systems, Disaster Recovery, Backup and Recovery solutions and concepts.
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies and Cloud computing models
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at Dell
Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:
Life at Dell
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...