Respiratory Care Practitioner Norton Suburban Hospital 7p-7a
About Norton Healthcare
For more than 125 years, Norton Healthcare's faith heritage has guided its mission to provide quality health care to all those it serves. Today, Norton Healthcare is a leading health care system based in Louisville, Ky. It is the area's third largest private employer, providing care at nearly 140 locations throughout Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana. The Louisville-based not-for-profit system includes five Louisville hospitals with more than 1,800 licensed beds; five outpatient centers; 12 Norton Immediate Care Centers; 12,000 employees; more than 600 employed medical providers; and in excess of 2,000 total physicians on its medical staff. Norton Healthcare was the 2011 recipient of the prestigious National Quality Forum National Quality Healthcare Award, along with the 2011 Kentucky Hospital Association Quality Award. The organization has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work in Metro Louisville, the state of Kentucky and nationally. Norton Healthcare and Humana are one of only four national pilot sites, and the only one in Kentucky, to study the Accountable Care Organization (ACO) model through the prestigious Brookings - Dartmouth ACO Pilot Project. More information about Norton Healthcare is available at NortonHealthcare.com .
Report to work on time and ready to work in a quiet professional manner, following hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Provide quality care as ordered by the patient's physicians. Responsible for the initiation of respiratory protocols and/or the evaluation of protocol steps that include all modalities of therapy. Serves as a member of the patient care team to assess, develop care plans, evaluate appropriateness of respiratory care modalities, and assist with discharge planning as needed. Provides pulmonary function testing as assigned.
Provide patient and family education related to medications and therapy modalities appropriate to assessed learning skills.
Participate in monitoring quality of care. Organizes workflow to maintain smooth transition between shifts.
Assist in the day-to-day operations of the respiratory care services by neat and accurate documentation, entering charges for patient billing, monitoring and ordering supplies and medications, and other duties as assigned.
Maintains current knowledge via hospital and department communication tools. Identifies problems and recommends ideas and solutions. Demonstrate critical thinking skills. Participates/Provides in-service training.
- Graduate of an approved respiratory therapist program or holds a certificate of completion from an accredited program.
- Current license as Respiratory Care Practitioner from the Kentucky Board of Respiratory Care.
- Basic credential from national Board of Respiratory Care as required after 2002.
Current AHA BLS CPR certification
- 1 year recent critical care experience, and/or KBRC license for RCP.
- Able to use the Hospital Information Systems and computerized microprocessor types of equipment.
- Current AHA ACLS and/or PALS and/or NRP certification
- More than one year recent critical care experience
Norton Healthcare offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 403b Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- College Savings Plan
- Children's Choice Day Care Center
- Downtown Fitness Center
- Free Parking
- Screening Requirements: Drug Screen & Criminal Background Check
- Norton Healthcare is an EEO/AA employer
City of Louisville, KY
- 2 years ago - save job
Norton Healthcare takes care of people in the land of horse farms and blue grass. The company owns and operates five hospitals and manages...