Position Title: Director of Managed Services Product Operations
Looking for a candidate with experience in managed services and telecommunications .
Mission: As an extension of Product Marketing Operations, establish, direct and manage a SWAT team of dedicated and cross-functional departmental designees to facilitate and accelerate a successful go-to-market launch for the Company’s Managed Services Growth Initiative.
Team Structure: The team will consist of dedicated headcount including: (1) lead Director; an initial sales overlay team of (6 to 10) experienced sales reps; (3) centralized support resources for contracting, sales engineering and pricing and offer management; and (2) dedicated front door designees for Service Delivery (Schaefer’s team) and Support/Repair (Lucero’s team).
Team Objectives: The Managed Services SWAT team’s primary objectives are to grow revenues consistent with or exceeding plan of record targets by the following:
Hire, on-board and train a new sales overlay team; enable and support all sales channels to effectively propose and sell managed service solutions; identify target vertical segments and customers; accelerate sales opportunities and funnel development; collaborate with the product marketing team to ensure that end-to-end processes from sales to installation to post-install services yield a successful customer experience.
Key Measures of Success – Quantitative Metrics
· Funnel development and pipeline growth
· Proposal metrics (volume; MRC/TCV $’s, units, win/loss statistics)
· Booked (contracted) revenues meet or exceed quota objectives
· Installed MRC and cumulative MRC meets or exceeds plan-of-record targets for specific unit, ARPU, & total revenue targets
Key Measures of Success – Qualitative (indirect) Metrics
· Customer satisfaction stats
· Sales effectiveness including sales on-boarding processes & tools
· End-to-end processes meet or exceed established SLA’s/intervals for –
o Effective solution design
o Pricing, offer management, and contracting
o Order processing & service delivery
o Customer on-boarding experience
o Support/repair/incident management
o Network quality
Principal Duties & Functional Responsibilities:
· Achieve and exceed stated plan-of-record revenue objectives
· Strive to meet and exceed customer expectations from initial sales contact to post-sale support. Focus actions on customer satisfaction
· Update and development specific plans, strategies and tactics for developing incremental managed services revenues and customers
· Develop the funnel; identify target vertical markets and specific customer target lists; develop effective lead generation; build a funnel to ensure timely achievement of stated revenue objectives
· Manage and direct the sales overlay team and SWAT support team resources (both dedicated and cross-functional designees) to deliver profitable growth consistent with or exceeding plan objectives
· Hire and develop a highly-effective and productive sales overlay team
· Develop a sales on-boarding and training program that enables all sales representatives to reach maximum productivity consistently and attain defined quota objectives
· Develop effective sales tools that accelerate the sales process and yield consistent successful results including –
o Standard (and vertical specific) “sales playbooks”;
o C ompany presentations, product overviews & “solution-selling”
o TCO tool and cost/benefit economic analysis
o Effective customer proposals
· Establish sales targets, monitor and report on progress and manage the day-to-day activities of the sales and sales support team to maximize their productivity
· Leverage existing sales support tools (SalesForce.com) to provide transparency and visibility into key operating metrics
· Define effective and clear incentive compensation and commission programs that motivate the sales team to achieve the company’s revenue objectives AND are within the stated business plan defined costs for customer acquisition
· Support and develop key customer relationships together with the sales overlay team and all other sales channels
· Work closely with Product Marketing in the go-to-market process; enable all sales channels to effectively propose, sell and contract Managed Services opportunities
· Ensure that all end-to-end cross-functional processes (from sales to post-service install) are effective, workable in the short-term, scalable in the long-term to allow for a consistent, quality, superior customer experience
· Establish a successful, productive organization that can returned to their respective sales and support organizations that enables all sales channels to sell Managed Services solutions effectively and consistently.
· Identify risks (market, competitive threats, internal issues) associated with achieving plan-of-record targets and corresponding actions to mitigate and overcome those risks
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 17 months ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...