To support the Clinical Coordinator in providing high quality customer service for both internal and external customer.
• Provides direct patient care, triage member calls, makes patient call-backs for providers, performs patient teaching, and performs and assists with procedures (based on provider orders) and applicable regulatory laws.
• Coordinates patient care for hospital admissions, specialty referrals, IV Care for AHC, new mom assessment protocol (OB), MCCP (Peds), and ancillary support departments.
• Makes monthly staffing schedules and day-to-day work assignments to department staff.
• Assesses workloads, on an on-going basis and makes special assignments, during peak and slow periods.
• Collects and codes department time sheets
• Calls in staff to meet minimum staffing requirements, including authorizing overtime, coordinating with other clinical teams to cover staff shortages and processes provider schedule changes when delegated by the Clinical Coordinator.
• Handles difficult and problematic work situations, including resolving member issues.
• Serves as resource for other staff members by answering questions.
• Orients new staff, and identifies staff needs for training (and provides in-service training as needed).
• Performs special projects as assigned by the CC.
• Routinely provides feedback to CC for staff performance, work habits, and barriers to efficient, high quality work.
• Assists development and revision of department procedures.
• Performs other related duties as directed.
• At least one (1) year of current experience in an HMO or ambulatory setting with emphasis in patient education is required.
• Experience in IV Therapy is required.
• Current RN license in appropriate jurisdiction is required.
• BLS certification.
• Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communications skills are required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of clinical systems and processes is required.
• Previous experience in a leadership role is preferred.
• B.S.N. is preferred.
Previous experience in a leadership role is preferred.
• B.S.N. is preferred.
Kaiser Permanente - 12 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...