Job Title: Accessioning Supervisor Revised: 10/2008
Reports To: Laboratory Manager
Purpose of Position and Scope of Responsibility:
The Accessioning Supervisor assists the Lab Managers in supervision and coordination of work activities in the Laboratory, using established policies and procedures to advance the goals and objectives AEL. Under the direct supervision of the Manager, the supervisor is responsible for 1 shift; onsite 8 hours/day, Monday through Friday. Incumbents arc subject to callback as required by AEL.
- Oversees scheduling, assignments of tasks, and monitors workflow to ensure timely release of work.
- Provides leadership and support to the evening and night shift personnel, monitors, counsels and recommends discipline of employees to assist management in meeting productivity goals. Provides input and assistance with performance appraisal process.
- Assures policies and procedures are properly maintained and executed.
- Evaluates processes and protocols for efficiency making recommendations for improvements.
- Communicates effectively with clients, physician and employees to exchange information, secure cooperation or coordinate activities to meet the goals of AEL.
- Assures personal and professional development of employees through continuing education and staff development. Maintains personal skill competencies to comply with licensing, accrediting standards and regulations.
- Identifies and resolves operational problems routing unresolved issues to the Laboratory Manager.
- Assures efficient operations by planning and implementing efficient resource management including general, financial, operations and personnel management to meet the financial goals of the department.
- Performs related duties as required.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Knowledge of laboratory procedures as normally acquired through a minimum of 4 years laboratory experience including a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience. Lab operational management experience preferred.
Strong supervisory skills with exceptional verbal and written communication skills required.
Good working knowledge of computers especially with regards to Windows NT, email and Microsoft Word, Excel and Access programs.
Licensure, Registration, Certification:
Work requires the physical demands of standing, bending, lifting, or stooping.
Work involves frequent exposure to unpleasant working conditions or undesirable elements, may involve exposure to a variety of elements which are potentially hazardous or harmful which require exercise of well-defined precautions for protection from injury or illness.