The Signal Engineer II/Designer II will be highly experienced in the design of Transit Systems, Wayside Systems and Grade Crossing Warning Systems pertinent to railroad operations.
Must possess the ability to assist in the design and testing of such systems in accordance with applicable FRA regulations, AAR and AREMA standards and any local, state or federal laws.
Must be able to check the work of CADD Technicians, gather information from field forces on existing conditions within the field, and provide designer sketches and other information as requested by the Director of Engineering or the customer.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or similar witgh 5 years of work experience or high diploma and 7 years of signal and communications experience in the railroad industry.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Technical writing skills.
- Must be familiar with current FRA, AAR and AREMA rules and regulations.
- Must be familiar with train control design practices.