- Plans and directs registration, patient insurance, billing and collections and data processing to ensure accurate patient billing and efficient account collection.
- Manages Patient Accounts within the established budgetary guidelines, develops ongoing monitors of performance, and provides a “dashboard of key indicators” to the Clinic’s management team.
- Evaluate the current status of patient accounts to identify and resolve billing and processing problems in a timely manner.
- Establishes and implements a system for the collection of delinquent accounts ensuring third-party payors are contacted.
- Develops and recommends credit and collection policies for front and back end personnel to administer. Monitors and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Solves difficult payment and associated business office problems. Audits problem accounts.
- Coordinates exchange of information with Medical Records and other departments to obtain and analyze additional patient information to document and process billing, respond to insurance inquiries, and manage liability accounts.
- Manages Billing Systems training personnel assigned to front-end and business office operations.
- Manages the work process within Patient Registration and Business Services. Develops work standards, monitors quality and quantity of work processed, and ensures that policies are communicated and administered consistently.
- Works with Business Services Systems Coordinator to ensure timely and accurate administration of work processes within the system including the submission of electronic claims to third party carriers, claims logic development and maintenance, custom reporting and electronic remittance of third party payments.
- Coordinates with the Vice President of Business Services, an annual capital equipment budget for Business Office operations.
- Oversees the management of all personnel within assigned Business Office areas. Trains, orients and evaluates performance of assigned personnel, recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
- Monitors daily operating activity of the Business Office and makes necessary adjustments in work assignments to maintain optimal accounts receivable and customer relations.
- Maintains current knowledge of, and complies with established policies and procedures including patient confidentiality/patient rights, government, insurance and third party payor regulations.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations with area of expertise.
- Clarifies, communicates and consistently applies all Clinic policies and disciplinary standards.
- Maintains effective communication with all other departments.
- Encourages the development and productivity of staff through coaching and counseling.
- Delegates responsibilities in a prudent manner.
- Must read and understand the Clinic Compliance Policy and Procedure Handbook.
- Must inform members of management and/or compliance officer if addressed with an issue that challenges compliance policies.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Bachelors’ degree, or equivalent education and experience in a health care environment.
- Two years experience within a medical business environment. Experience includes understanding all detailed operational processes.
- Experiences with Ambulatory EMR systems are required
- Proven ability to systematize operational processes utilizing analytical skills to accomplish goals.
- Critical thinking skills are a must.
- Knowledge of PC based software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office). Basic keyboard and data entry skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Ability to work in a challenging/rewarding environment and handle multiple conflicting priorities.
- Willing to travel
- PMP certification
- Proven knowledge of ICD9, CPT, and HCPCS
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing
The Advisory Board Company - 2 years ago
The Advisory Board Company and its subsidiaries provides best practices research, analysis, executive education and leadership development,...