Real solutions to meet genuine challenges. Innovative ideas to take on growing realities. That's the Federal Highway Administration - Leaders in Paving the Way on the Road to Success.
This position is located in the Office of Transportation Management. You will provide program management and program and technical support to federal field staff on various Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) and Transportation Systems Management and Operations initiatives. You will be responsible for developing program strategies and for providing hands-on technical and program expertise to federal field staff in areas such as ITS architecture, standards, systems engineering. The objective is for the specialist to ensure that federal field staff is equipped with the skills, knowledge, and information to effectively support ITS deployment and key ITS initiatives with state and local agencies.
The ideal candidate is a mid-career or seasoned professional with experience developing program strategies and providing technical and program expertise in areas such as ITS architecture, standards, systems engineering.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and meet specialized experience
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM ET on the closing date
- Provide all required documents by closing date
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days
As a Transportation Specialist, you will:
- Lead the ITS Standards Deployment, ITS Regional Architecture and Systems Engineering programs.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to State, local transportation agencies, and FHWA staff in transportation system management and operations, including interpretations of legislation and regulations, procedures, requirements, technological advancements and/or approaches.
- Recommend and facilitate the implementation of innovative programs and processes to support ITS deployment.
- Serve as the Government’s Technical Representative or Task Monitor.
- Provide learning and development opportunities to State, local transportation agencies and FHWA staff to strengthen their technical competencies in the area of ITS Standards, ITS Regional Architecture, and Systems Engineering.
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- Experience implementing programs and strategies to support the understanding and use of ITS standards, regional ITS architectures and the systems engineering approach for traffic-related applications. These activities include policy and regulatory interpretations and guidance, outreach materials, technical guidance and assistance, and training materials.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Experience developing and implementing national programs and strategies to accelerate and support the understanding and use of ITS standards, regional ITS architectures and the systems engineering approach for traffic-related applications. These activities include developing and delivering of policy and regulatory interpretations and guidance, outreach materials, technical guidance and assistance, and training materials.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over nonveterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience, or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration.
To preview questions please click here .
Benefits include health and life insurance, annual and sick leave, and retirement benefits. Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal Employees here . This position is telework eligible.
Displaced employees may be eligible for ICTAP or CTAP priority consideration. For more information, please review the OPM Employee's Guide to Career Transition.
usajobs.gov - 20 months ago