Job Description & Qualifications
Entry level engineering position with growth potential for high-achieving, highly motivated individual. A career opportunity in the area of Thermal Systems Engineering (TSE) group that is responsible for engine cooling airflow & temperature, engine air induction temperatures, thermal development, cooling and thermal CAE and vehicle level verification.
- Cooling airflow and thermal development and vehicle level sign-off of forward model vehicle applications.
- Upfront system engineering using analytical tools to support various cooling and thermal deliverables.
- Develop cooling and thermal systems solution sets that are energy efficient and meet program targets for cost and function.
- Predict front end and underhood airflow through CFD tools.
- Analyze vehicle performance capability (engine torque, transmission gear selection, final drive ratios) using 1-D tools.
- Vehicle sign off includes test preparation, test coordination, data analysis, and presentation of data.
- BS Enigineering with 3.0 Minimum GPA
- Passion for engineering and product excellence.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical skills to identify, diagnose and resolve issues
- Proficient in MS Office Products
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
- BS or Higher in ME w 3.0 Minimum GPA
- 3 yrs. Experience in automotive engineering role, especially Systems Engineer or D&R engineer
- Desired knowledge in three or more of the following areas:
3. Fluid Dynamics
4. Computational Fluid Dynamics
5. Knowledge of cooling hardware (heat exchangers, fans, flow circuit)
6. Vehicle Systems
7. Climate Control/Interior Comfort
8. Vehicle Packaging
9. Digital Buck / TCE (CAD tools)
10. Design and Release process of components/sub-systems/systems
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We have a commitment to our products and customers, but also know that our employees are the driving force behind our success. Find out what it is like to love your job. Come discover a Company that is focused on designing better cars, but also cares about you, your family and your community. By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Ford Motor Company - 8 months ago