To assist retail store management with daily store operational functions and sales activities to ensure positive store results and growth.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Opens and closes the store as scheduled by store management and according to the Company’s approved processes and procedures.
2. Supervises assigned retail operating functions as directed by store management.
3. Balances all money taken in daily. Works with store management to investigate discrepancies. Ensures that inventory at store is properly managed to meet Company inventory standards, as measured by regular cycle counts, internal audits and physical inventories. Actively seeks to minimize shrinkage of inventory and protect the store against shoplifting and internal theft.
4. Helps maintain a neat and orderly sales environment, including all demonstration fixtures, product displays and work areas by downstocking, facing and fronting all merchandise in their assigned areas according to Company merchandising standards.
5. Maintains a working knowledge of Northern’s Retail Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
6. Handles customer complaints and assists store staff with problem situations in the absence of store management staff.
7. Assists all customers or potential customers in a professional, courteous, reliable, attentive, honest and responsive manner by identifying customer needs and providing knowledgeable assistance to help customers select the correct product(s) to serve their needs.
8. Performs functions of a Retail Sales Representative and Cashier when necessary and as directed by store management.
9. Protects the store against theft or other suspicious activity by following all Loss Prevention policies as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) including product returns and back door security procedures.
10. Participates in all non-commissionable events deemed necessary by the Company such as physical inventories, sales meetings, trade shows and special sales.
11. Keeps supervisor informed of important information developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management.
12. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school education or equivalent.
• At least one year of related retail sales experience.
• Knowledge of light industrial products, hydraulics, etc.
• High mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
• Demonstrated example of leadership ability preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel, and others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequently required to use hands to handle objects; and talk or hear.
• Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
• Frequent bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting.
• Required to stand on cement floor for long periods of time.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Northern Tool + Equipment is a family business that takes pride in our ability to equip you with the tools to tackle tough challenges. We strive to build lasting relationships and promote a fun and unique Northern experience. For more than 30 years, Northern Tool + Equipment has been the ultimate resource for contractors, automotive shops, grounds maintenance professionals, homeowners and serious do-it-yourselfers. We are a multi-million dollar retail, internet, and catalog powerhouse with strength and stability rivaled only by the exceptional products we sell.
*Northern Tool + Equipment is an equal employment opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Since founder Don Kotula opened his garage door to the world in 1980, Northern Tool + Equipment has stayed true to a vision that has guided...