We have an immediate job opening for an experienced Mobile Software Development Manager to lead and deliver exceptionally high quality software releases to our customers on time and on budget. He or she will help define both the strategy and operational execution for our developers while driving project initiatives that deliver on the Phunware vision.
Specifically, the manager will lead a technical team of developers with responsibility for delivering a wide array of custom mobile branded app experiences primarily based on iOS and Android platforms. The Mobile Software Development Manager will work with leaders across organizations including sales, marketing, product development, creative and finance to ensure that all aspects of his/her programs are clearly defined, have appropriate milestones and remain on track to deliver the company’s strategic vision to achieve the company’s financial targets.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for technology and leadership, a strong track record for delivering highly technical projects on time, and genuinely enjoy working with customers across a variety of industries.
- Lead technical teams to on-time and on-budget fulfillment of world-class mobile products
- Work closely with sales and creative to respond to all customer Requests-For-Price (RFP’s), clearly defining appropriate technical specifications, costs and time requirements
- Efficiently allocate resources and ensure teams have the appropriate direction at all times to remain on track to our customer commitments and deadlines.
- Serve as the technical lead in all customer meetings
- Track and report status of all projects you own during our weekly program management updates; where any risk may exist, proactively build, communicate and lead recovery actions
- Aggressively recruit engineering talent, and ensure that you always have the appropriate talent pipeline available to support growth
- Build and manage software system applications and architecture to meet the future needs of our customers taking into consideration current and future technical standards
- Manage the deployment of software enhancements and fixes per release schedules.
- Approve and manage vacation and personal time off for team members, and proactively design and manage coverage plans for all programs, taking that into consideration
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members to their optimum performance levels; actively engage in their career development.
- Must be living in the Austin, TX area or willing to immediately relocate.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years of experience managing and leading software development teams
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Consistent track record for delivering commitments on time and with minimal supervision
- Exceptional technical leadership skills
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Extremely comfortable holding both internal and external stakeholders accountable at multiple grade levels
- Adept at building and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience leading mobile software development teams (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Experience in a creative environment with designers and artists
- Experience with both Agile and traditional software development methodologies
- Please submit your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. Please keep all attachments combined to less than 5MB.
- Learn more about our company at www.phunware.com/
- Learn more about all of our job openings at www.phunware.com/company/careers
- Apply to the position via LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/phunware-inc./
Phunware - 13 months ago