The Catering Attendant/Driver is responsible for performing a wide variety of duties typically found in a catering department. Additionally, Catering Attendants 21 years or older may fulfill the additional duties of Bartender, this is not a prerequisite to employment but preference may be given to candidates that can fulfill this duty.
Provide the highest quality of delivery and banquet service to the customer at all times.
Performs a wide variety of basic duties while filling in for others, responding to and handling special workload requirements, projects, or events.
Must be able to load required catering equipment and food into vehicles for transport, unload, set up and pick up for events both on UAF campus, as well as to some areas in the Fairbanks North Star Borough. We offer full service Catering 12 months a year. This person must be able to complete the same high quality service and delivery at extreme cold temperatures.
This position may have to work some Holidays.
Must be available to work variable and split shifts Monday – |
- Sunday and anywhere from 5:00 AM to 2:00 AM.
- Must be able to read and interpret Event Forms and Pull Sheets and other written instructions or procedures.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- May clean and maintain various areas and equipment.
- Wear proper professional clothes or uniform at all times as specified in associate handbook.
- Adheres to all company work rules, procedures and policies, including, but not limited to, those contained in the Employee Handbook.
- Preference will be given to Applicants who have a valid Alaska Driver’s License and a clean driving record of 3+ years, however, we will interview those that fit the rest of the qualifications.
: Applicants must be 21 years or older and can serve alcoholic beverages and:
- May server in a variety of settings including a typical bar setup or served to guests’ tables
- May require basic cash handling skills
- Must be able to gauge guests’ consumption to ensure a safe and pleasant event and can observe Federal, State, and local alcoholic beverage control regulations
- Other related duties may also be assigned.
This is an on-call position
: Scheduling is based upon the catering event schedule. No guarantee of minimum number of hours per week or a “regular” schedule should be expected. Candidate may work at other UAF Dining locations on an on-call or part-time basis with the prior approval of the Catering Manager.
Some combination of formal documented training, education or catering experience that demonstrates an interest in or suitability for this type of work.
Valid Alaska Driver's License and a current three-year driving record that will pass our company insurance requirements may be required.
: Must be able to obtain a TAPS or have a current TAPS/TAM Card issued in the State of Alaska
Must be able to pass a Pre-employment drug test, physical assessment and criminal background check.
Background position skill ranking levels:
Language skills sufficient to: 1.Read a limited number of 2 and 3 syllable words. 2. Recognize similarities and differences between words and between a series of numbers. 3. Print and speak simple sentences.
Math skills sufficient to
add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's as well as the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance.
Reasoning abilities sufficient to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. One must also be able to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The employee is regularly required to use hands, reach with hands, and arms, talk, hear, stoop, kneel, push using arms and hands, stand, walk, and to sit. The employee must regularly lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status:
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change, The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. All associates are expected to work varying hours of compensated overtime to accomplish various duties. All associates are expected to work rotating hours, shifts, or different departments to accommodate the business demands. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.