Postal/Zip Code: 52601
Cessford Construction Company, an Oldcastle Materials Company, is a supplier of construction materials servicing Central Iowa, Southeast Iowa and West Central Illinois. Those materials include hot mix asphalt, crushed limestone, sand and gravel and ready mix concrete. With multiple locations, Cessford offers a variety of employment opportunities for people throughout Iowa and Western Illinois.
Scale House Attendant/Weighmaster – Cessford – Part Time
Oldcastle Materials Group (OMG)/Midwest Region
Supervisor / Manager
September 24, 2013
Position Overview The Scale House Attendant/Weighmaster is primarily responsible for weighing trucks entering and leaving the quarry/sand pit; collecting established fees for cash sales, providing information and directing customers in professional and courteous manner, operating a computer for data collection as well as generating sales tickets. Scale House Attendant will also be responsible for computation, reconciliation, recordkeeping, and reporting duties as assigned. Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Must be able to operate computer and printer.
- Perform data entry tasks and generate sale tickets with speed and accuracy.
- Operate a truck scale indicator and weigh trucks accurately.
- Download and send all generated tickets, production, inventory adjustments, and cash sales to office in timely manner.
- Generate daily and monthly transaction reports and balancing the stockpile inventory.
- Must be able to accurately make change for cash sale customers and accurately maintain the petty cash assigned to the location, reconciling it daily.
- Effectively and professionally solicit information from internal/external customers (both in person and over the phone) as well as respond to their need for information and assistance with clear and concise verbal directions.
- Responsible for coordinating with the quarry superintendent to accurately report and production or inventory discrepencies.
- Responsible for keeping their computer updated with information sent from the office and maintaining their computer and printer in good working condition (dust free)
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining superior housekeeping standards, keeping area free of dust and clutter as much as possible. This includes but is not limited to the scale house, the computer and printer.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as needed or assigned.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must pass a pre employment drug screen, physical and background check.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude toward co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers is required.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand and execute oral and written directions.
- Must be able to us basic business ethics, data review, and reconciliation techniques.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to be flexible and work varied hours including mornings, evenings, holidays and or weekends as needed.
- Possess initiative and good judgement within established guidelines.
- Have the ability to represent the Company in a professional manner both at the scale house and when dealing with the public.
- Use the scales according to applicable laws and rules and company policy.
- Be able to use basic arithmetic, a calculator and knowledge of cash handling procedures.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all entries on scale tickets.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Able to move/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Cessford Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Cessford Construction Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...