This position provides professional and administrative support to the Health Information Department. Specialized tasks include implementing efficient filing systems, filing, chart abstracting, SMS data entry, and customer service. This position is required to adhere to time and attendance policies including overtime and inclement weather practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs specialized Health Information Management tasks including medical record loose, culled, and ICFMR filing. As well as JCAHO Core measure abstracting.
- Coordination and tracking of the Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale which assists in establishing evidenced based thresholds guiding patient care.
- MIWZ communication and tracking.
- Performs quantitative chart reviews to assist in regulatory compliance as well as hospital wide performance improvement initiatives.
- Enters release of information into the SMS patient system for the ICFMR as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- Answers multi-line phone service and responds to external and internal customer needs. Assists clinical staff in locating medical records as necessary. All this is performed while ensuring patient rights to privacy and confidentiality.
- Completes annually required training according to established timeframes. Also provides adequate coverage for other office duties when co-workers are absent; other related duties as assigned.
Eighteen months education beyond High School level, plus three years of experience in business, administrative work, research, or clerical experience. Must have excellent customer service skills, written and oral communication, and have the ability to pay attention to detail. The employee shall become familiar with HIPAA regulations and do their utmost to protect all protected health information (PHI) and other personal or sensitive information within their trust in the course of state business by applying appropriate safeguards and sharing only the information required to deliver agency services. Any personal or sensitive information overheard or seen by the employee will be kept confidential by not sharing it with others, on or off the work-site grounds.
- Completion of up to 18 months’ additional business education beyond high school
Annual Hiring Salary Range: $24,513 - $30,641
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Pension/Retirement, Educational Assistance
Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Other