WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
Our claims associates are critical to the success of State Farm because of their direct contact with current and potential customers.
Claim Associates in the new Initial Loss Reporting (ILR) area receive claims and ensure prompt routing to other claim handling teams. At State Farm, our Claim Associates support the mission and values of our company by providing Good Neighbor service throughout the claim handling process.
The primary responsibilities of a Claim Associate-ILR include:
- Communicating with customers and associates over the telephone, mobile app, click-to-chat, and internet reporting
- Gathering and documenting loss information
- Working in a collaborative team environment to handle a large volume of claims and telephone calls
- Using State Farm claims systems and other technologies to perform job duties
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
- Successful completion of required training programs and all licensing requirements, including continuing education for licensing, as applicable
- Ability to learn and apply claims policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and empathetically
- Ability to maintain quality work product and professionalism, even when work volume is high
- Ability to learn and utilize computer systems and other technologies
- Critical competencies include, but are not limited to: customer focus, communication (oral and written), attention to detail, quality, computer skills, and adaptability
ITEMS OF NOTE
- Applicants must be willing to work flexible work shifts within a 24 hour work environment
- Applicants may be required to work irregular hours, including weekends and holidays, based on workload and job requirements
****************** SPANISH BILINGUAL SKILLS REQUIRED *************************
Initial Loss Reporting (ILR) Claim Associates are a dedicated, in-office workforce assigned to our centralized claim environment. These positions will be housed in our centralized operation in Richardson, Texas.
*** This is a 24-hour operation, requiring employees to work various shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
*** Excellent communication, customer service, and teamwork skills a must. ***
****** These positions are specifically for our Spanish Language Unit. Advanced fluency in the Spanish language is required. Competitive candidates will be required to participate in a third-party language assessment to determine fluency for further consideration. ******
Please refer to the Initial Loss Reporting Customer Associate (ILR) level descriptor for additional roles and responsibilities of the position.
Candidates must be willing to relocate themselves at their expense to the Richardson, Texas area.
Location: 1011 Gatalyn Parkway; Richardson, Texas
Start Date: July 8, 2013
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
You may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k) Plan (Savings & Thrift in Canada), Credit Union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more.
To search for more information on careers in the U.S., visit statefarm.com/careers. To search for more information on careers in Canada, visit statefarm.ca/careers.
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews
- Annual bonus potential
State Farm Insurance is an equal opportunity employer
State Farm - 20 months ago
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company® is the largest auto insurer in the U.S. since 1942. About one of every five cars on the...