Identifying emerging trends in fraud is the critical component of predicting and mitigating fraud across VZ Business units and assets. Core responsibilitis include:
- Position Responsibilities
Analysis of fraud trends and transactional anomalies:
- Process driven analytics across channel, customer transactions, product domains, business process, trend detection, establish undetected fraud, analyze hidden fraud in never-pays, forensics and click stream intelligence (such emerging trends and analysis is a key requirement to reduce fraud losses, improve customer experience & protection, and improve current cash flow and revenue stream initiative)
emerging trends for new products and services (fraud related to M2M, Content fraud, m commerce fraud). This will require working with network, VES, and industry forum work groups to get latest trends and vectors for fraud initiation & processing
- Analyze and identify undetected fraud and correlated activities (for example a series of highly suspicious activity leads to ultimate fraud)
- Responsible for investigative intelligence & analytics to identify emerging fraud trends across channels, products, services, account activity
- Develop trends & plans to proactively identify characteristics of "good" vs. "fraudulent" orders - that will become the framework to surgically provide a clean customer experience for good customers, while protecting cust
Mitigation of existing fraud:
- Develop a process driven approach to identify fraud weaknesses and trends by Channel, Customer Type, Customer transactions, VZ assets (device, M2M, Commerce, network, online vs. offline, weblogs, site-catalyst logs)
Complex queries, Scripting 9L S..tAI ;!P.L9S, JmL Lf!!: Yical packages
- Lead cross-functional teams consisting of internal groups (Fraud centers, investigators, operations) and external departments (corporate security, IT systems, data warehouse) to provide complete analytics of undetected fraud, and process abuse (example: unauthorized upgrades, multiple upgrades without equipment returns). This would include working with corporate security on building potential cases and controlled deliveries based on data analysis of forthcoming high-potential fraud.
- Utilize Fraud analytics to develop plans to identify and mitigate emerging Fraud trends.
- Investigate indirect agent fraud and indirect location fraud.
- Evaluate new product launches and develop system processes and controls to mitigate fraud impact
- Required Skills & Experience
- 4 year college degree.
- 5+ years experience in one or more of the following fields: IT systems, data warehouse and analytics, security and systems planning,
- Experience with POS, IRT, internet sales
- Experience with VLDB (very large databases)
- Data manipulation, complex querying and analysis across structured and un-structured data
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, complete important time sensitive tasks & adapt quickly to last minute changes
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Strong organizational and process management skills
- Ability to create and work in a team environment
- Previous experience managing multiple assignments, with strong attention to detail
- Skills & abilities: expertise with data warehouse, VLDB (very large databases- Teradata, Oracle, SOL-Server), data analysis & link analysis
Back to Search Results
- Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous fraud experience a plus
- VZW Data Certification preferred
- Knowledge of VZ directional systems, customer and credit verification functions, knowledge of financial impact of lost sales & fraud losses
Verizon - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...