Staff Nurse (Three Positions)
Source of Funding:
Civil Service Classification:
Return to Previous Page
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is attuned to the healthcare issues that matter to the people of North Brooklyn. Woodhull focuses on preventing disease and promoting healthy lifestyles by reaching out to the community at 15 convenient locations.
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is a non-smoking facility.
• Admits patients and completes admission assessment and history.
• Formulates nursing diagnosis based on admission history, physical assessment and observation of patient need.
• Identifies and assesses patients who are at risk for falls and skin breakdown using the risk assessment tool.
• Assesses patients' dietary and social needs.
• Develops a plan of care based on admission assessment and identified learning and psychosocial needs.
• Sets measurable and realistic goals with the patient and family.
• Addresses discharge planning needs in the plan of care; participates in and implements patient discharge plans.
• Establishes priorities in addressing medical and nursing diagnosis including safety measures for at risk patients.
• Provides nursing interventions as determined in the nursing care plan.
• Responds promptly to symptoms or changes in patient status exercising reasonable judgment.
• Administers medications and treatments in a safe and knowledgeable manner following the Department of Nursing/Patient Care Services policy on medication administration.
• Administers special treatment procedures within the scope of nursing practice and hospital policy.
• Evaluates and records patient response to treatment, medication, teaching and other nursing interventions performed on patient.
• Communicates pertinent patient information to Head Nurse or Assistant Head Nurse and Supervisor, co-workers, physicians and other health team members as appropriate.
• Licensed and currently registered or otherwise duly authorized to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State; and,
• Demonstrated commitment to continued professional development.
• BSN preferred.
• Life support certification (BLS).
• All positions are subject to a background investigation.
New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation - 2 years ago