Title Oracle Database Administrator Job # 14266BR Job Function Engineering City Charleston State South Carolina Country United States FT/PT Full Time Qty 1 Job Description At ARINC, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose ARINC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join ARINC and help shape our future while creating yours.
ARINC Defense Systems Engineering and Support located in Charleston, SC is looking for an Oracle Database Administrator to support our Advanced Concepts Engineering group. This position plays an important role in the US Navy enterprise Network Management System, Tactical Switching Program providing support for Ship to Shore Networks and data.
- Install, configure and maintain Oracle 11g database management systems. Implement the physical database design; create database objects and database users with appropriate levels of security.
- Provide proactive SQL query and server performance and tuning support. Design and implement database backup and recovery processes. Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing. Monitor database growth and provide input to overall system capacity plan.
Think beyond one year for a moment. We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At ARINC, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, gain sharing, educational assistance, and a flexible work environment. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure! Qualifications Required Experience:
- Develop and document policies, procedures, standards and guidelines. Facilitate the selection and implementation of database system infrastructure to meet the needs of the program. Provide input as to proper tools and environment selection.
- Recommend and implement tuning opportunities to improve system response and run times. Optimize database accessibility by developing load balancing architectures and processes to eliminate down time for backup processes.
- Plan and install Oracle patches/upgrades of database management systems (DBMS) software as necessary. Research various hardware and software products; recommend solution and implement approved products.
- Assist software developers in database schema design and automate / propagate changes across multiple environments.
- Assist in ensuring changes to production databases are tested and troubleshoot related problems.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. Citizenship, for access to classified information.
- Eight (8) years of experience in IT systems administration, network management, or database administration
- Database Certifications (Oracle ACA, ACP).
- Five (5) or more years working as an Oracle DBA - prefer experience with 11G RAC
- Experience supporting and/or migrating from SQL Server 2000/2005 to Oracle in a production environment including setup, configuration, performance tuning, upgrading, patching, monitoring, back-up and recovery at all levels of the software development life cycle.
- Five (5) years experience in relational database design and tuning including: Logical and physical database design, Entity relationship modeling and ETL Processes
- Five (5) years experience working directly with end-users to define requirements and provide technical advice and assistance in a large-scale environment
- Five (5) years experience with systems and database management monitoring and alerting tools
Other Key Experience Needed:
- Working knowledge/understanding of ITIL principles (Change/Problem/Incident management).
- Effectively communicate with all levels of business.
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of Unix, shell scripting, and Perl a plus
- Experience with MySQL a plus
- Functional experience within E-Business Suite a plus. Familiarity with E-Business Suite administration, including upgrades and experience with R12 is desired
- Oracle OEM, Grid Control, Dataguard, or Golden Gate a plus
- BS or MS with two years hands on experience may be substituted for the 8 years experience requirement described above.
- Technical training in Information Technology with an emphasis on database administration or network management; and operational support systems to include performance, fault, configuration and provision management
- IAT/IAM Level I or II certifications are highly desired. Amount of Travel Required for Position 0%-25%
ARINC - 22 months ago