Temporary Human Resources Generalist - Mesa, AZ
Job ID : 2012-14087
# of Positions: 1
Posted Date: 11/19/2012
Job Location: US-AZ-Mesa
Position Type : Temporary Full Time
Category: Human Resources
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Manage recruiting campaign through the following: participate in the development of necessary advertising, screen candidates, schedule interviews; conduct interviews. Evaluate test/placement results and reference sources, when applicable.
- Coordinate the employment process along with the HR Coordinator.
- Meet hiring numbers with as minimal agency usage as necessary.
- Oversee Oracle data entry. Team with HR Coordinator to ensure hiring numbers are updated daily and that all other entry is completed in a timely & accurate manner.
- Responsible for maintaining a thorough understanding of HR procedures in regard to Oracle, Pearson Employee Assignments for Contingent Staffing (PEACs), payroll, and other departmental systems, as they are updated throughout the year; know and adhere to departmental policy and established deadlines.
- Understand and adhere to company policies and state and federal labor laws applicable to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Comprehend and follow guidelines as stated in the Human Resources (PSC) Handbook.
- Consult with and advise PSC Temporary employees in all areas of Human Resources, using assigned HR management’s guidance.
- Counsel and advise Temporary employees with any Human Resources issues, using the assigned HR management’s guidance; address all issues in a timely manner.
- Provide employment support to PSC including; internal requisitions, external recruiting, interviewing, evaluating candidates and checking references, as necessary.
- Maintain ISO 9001 procedures as required/related to HR functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to deal with employees and managers on sensitive issues related to employee relations, performance issues, terminations, and accommodations.
- Adherence to confidentiality and nondisclosure requirements.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Exposure to high volume recruiting, or staffing experience strongly preferred.
- Experience facilitating large group orientations or public speaking experience.
- Strong computer skills including data entry, email, spreadsheets and databases. Oracle or other HRIS experience helpful.
- During Temporary season, must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, which could include coming in early, staying late and working weekends. Core work hours: 8:00-4:30 M-F (1/2 hour unpaid lunch)
- 2 years ago - save job
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our...