GENERAL SUMMARY: This position supports to the Finance manager for the Franchise division, ensuring that all franchise transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner as well ensuring compliance with company policies for letters of credit and supporting the Legal team in monitoring franchisee compliance with contract provisions. Performs varied work assignments with limited supervision. Conducts moderately complex accounting activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Communicates with all levels of the Franchise Services Organization, Global Brand business partners and franchise partners.
- Provide financial/business support during the monthly forecasting of Sales and Cost of Sales, close processes, as well as project financial analysis.
- Assist with identifying and research monthly and quarterly variances to budget and forecast, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement
- Prepare and analyze monthly General Ledger account reconciliations for various accounts, ranging from low to high levels of complexity
- Independently research reconciliation discrepancies, provide insight and analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made.
- Demonstrate knowledge of account representation by recognizing unusual account activity or balances; indicating these issues to supervisor when appropriate
- Prepare relevant journal entries for the end of the month close process. Entries will range from simple monthly write-off entries of immaterial variances to complex accounting adjustments.
- Assist with month end close process by running reports and preparing simple and complex journal entries.
- Responsible for completing monthly account reconciliations
- Review letters of credit for international franchise customers
- Monitor LC expiration dates and timely renewals
- Supports the customer credit process for CPU (Freight) charges and communicating with franchise partners
- Create and prepare various ad-hoc reporting on a timely basis, as requested by auditors and/or management
- Maintain various MS Access databases necessary to generate sales invoices and corrections
- Responsible for identifying and acting upon opportunities for improvement
- Accountable for delivering excellent service to customer
- Support and live the Gap Inc. Purpose, Values and Behaviors business strategy
- Perform a variety of business analysis that will be driven by evolving Franchise business.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
Minimum educational level:
- Proven understanding and knowledge of accounting (GAAP) principles (revenue recognition principles, allowance method of accounting, accrual accounting concepts, contra-asset account relationships, knowledge of the revenue accounting cycle, understanding of balance sheet and income statement relationships, knowledge of basic auditing standards)
- Strong knowledge of accounting, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Excel skills required, including Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, Macros
- Intermediate MS Access skills preferred
- Knowledge of accounting mainframe systems and/or software
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated customer service and problem resolution skills
- Demonstrated initiative, ability to drive results and achieve goals with minimum direction
- Proven analytical and teamwork skills
- Bachelors degree in accounting or 4-5 year work experience in a related accounting position
4) Physical Requirements:
- Minimum 4 – 5 years related experience, preferably in Finance or Accounting, required. Public accounting and audit experience a plus
- Reconciliation experience
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment; Demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills; Chooses appropriate tools or technology for tasks; Experiments with new processes, tools or technologies to determine applicability; Has the capability and knowledge base to share technical skills with others.
- Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently; Values time; Concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; Gets more done in less time than others; Can attend to a broad range of activities.
- Written Communication: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Self Development – Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; Understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; Works to deploy strengths; Works on compensating for weakness and limits.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; Seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Corporate Shared Service Center
GAP Inc - 2 years ago
The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock era. The firm,...