WHO YOU ARE:
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to join our team. You are a creative thinker who communicates effectively and possesses the individual leadership and accountability to "step up" and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. You possess a strong academic background and are clearly passionate to continue to learn and grow. You thrive in a high energy team environment and have the entrepreneurial spark to seek out and manage tasks outside the bounds of your day-to-day responsibilities. You want to contribute to the technological direction of a fast-moving startup.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Contribute as a member of the core data team which is responsible for the systems that crunch and warehouse data
- Work on cutting edge technologies such as Hadoop and Vertica
- Build new software features to satisfy business requirements
- Add new features to existing core data systems to improve performance and scalability
- Monitor systems and debug problems as they arise
- Contribute to the R&D and build-out of future analytics systems
- Help refine our software development process
YOUR EXPERIENCE IS:
- Passionate programmer and problem solver
- BS or MS in Computer Science3 - 5 years of software development experience.
- Experience programming in Java, Python, Shell scripting, and SQL
- Experience with Hadoop, 'Big Data', and NoSQL solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with extreme deadlines, prioritizes projects, effectively scope out tasks, and maintains focus
- Experience with OSS: Hadoop, Jetty, Ant, Maven, Fabric
- Experience with Vertica, Ruby on Rails, Django
- Sense of humor and enthusiasm to contribute to our startup culture
- Knowledge of agile development and scrum
- Passion for web video and social networking
Apply for this Position!
Please reference job ENG01 when applying for this job.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org