Responsible for reconciling MSP recovery collections and supporting financial management which may include invoicing, reconciliation of accounts and preparation of the financial reports/statements, etc.
- Responsible for the monthly invoice process
- In charge of monthly close activities, reconciliation of accounts and preparation of financial statements
- Reviews MSP recovery transactions to ensure proper allocation
- Conduct A/R trending analysis to determine ways to increase collections
- Supports the contract closeout process
- Interacts with internal and external personnel on specific projects and/or procedures to gather, clarify, and provide information
- Researches issues to solve problems of moderate to difficult scope and complexity, and formulates recommendations.
- Assures compliance of accounting/financial data with contract terms and accounting policies and procedures
- Improves policies and procedures to streamline accounting operation
- Trains and mentors MSP Staff Accountants, MSP Accounting Supervisor and Clerks
BS or BA in Accounting or Finance and/or equivalent experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient using PC software tools including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and MS Project.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines under pressure and with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Shows longevity in employment with one or more past employers.
- 7+ years of accounting and financial close experience working in a project or job cost accounting environment.
- Experience working for a Government contractor is required.
- Experience with Deltek (Cost Point) financial accounting system is a plus.
- Supervisory accounting experience is a plus.
Not currently sanctioned or excluded from any program operated by Federal or State Agencies including Medicare and Medicaid.
IX. Physical Requirements:
- Ability to sit and work at a computer for an extended period of time.
- Normal office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for personnel so classified.
HMS - 24 months ago