Provides strategic leadership and direction for designated districts of the business, and partners with other senior leaders of the store operations team to develop the company’s vision, strategy, and goals for growing the business and to be the country’s premier outdoor lifestyle retailer.
-Performs other duties as assigned.
- Leads by example; develops district managers to support store growth and improvement; partners with HR and district managers to establish recruiting networks to identify and hire top retail talent, and to ensure that ongoing orientation, training and development programs are in place to meet anticipated business needs.
- Ensures that stores are appropriately stocked and merchandised to Gander Mountain standards; collaborates with merchant team and store ops leadership team on matters of regional and local assortment plans and in-stocks.
- Provides leadership and guidance to ensure that stores are providing outstanding customer service and building long-term relationships.
- Ensures stores are operating professionally with appropriate internal processes and controls.
- Networks within the general retail industry, as well as the outdoor lifestyle sector, to remain current with the competitive environment and consumer climate; proactively recommends adjustments in company plans and processes to address the marketplace.
- Researches new markets for real estate opportunities and identifies existing markets for further development.
- Builds relationships with regional and local organizations and media who support and focus is the outdoor lifestyle sector.
- Partners with Base Camp leaders to represent the Company in state or regional regulatory or compliance matters.
- Communicates strategy and annual goals throughout the region; ensures that alignment exists between company, departmental, and individual objectives; facilitates implementation of “best practices” across the region.
- Monitors expense control within the region on store payroll and general expense to ensure region is consistently meeting or exceeding expense goals and guidelines.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, judgment, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently while maintaining collaborative partnerships.
- Advanced knowledge of the retail sector; multi store experience preferred.
- College degree plus six years of progressively responsible related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
We love everything about the outdoors, and our customers do too. For more than 50 years, we've helped customers discover and fuel their...