The primary objective of the KN US Sales Organization is to ensure the growth of KN through the development of new business. The Account Executive is the entry, or first level of Field Sales position, responsible for winning new accounts within the assigned branch office territory. The position is also responsible for maximizing sales growth from existing customers through the development of new sales, product marketing, and customer support strategies; and achieving specific volume growth targets in the assigned area(s) of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the single point of contact for KN solutions and service sales across all Sea & Air logistics business fields within the assigned territory and customer base.
- Annual Gross Profit Expectation (GPE) range is $100,000 - 300,000 for this position.
- Obtain new "B" and "C" level customers through sales "hunting" activity, correctly assessing the prospective account as Profitable, Significant or Strategic in order to secure winning bids.
- Drive ongoing sales "farming" of existing customers, inclusive of vertical market(s) potential.
- Perform all aspects of the sales process and input & update all relevant activities utilizing VLog daily (required).
- Conduct mutually agreed Quarterly Business Reviews with the customer and maintain close/ongoing communication with customer and KN Operations to assure expectations are satisfied.
- Report to management in agreed intervals on market development, working and buying platform.
- Adhere to all policies listed in the KN US Sales Guidelines.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Rate quotations, integrated solutions, logistics planning and operational optimization.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Requires a minimum of 1 year field sales or two years of operational experience.
- Experience with logistics processes, systems and solutions.
- Solid PC operational knowledge along with Microsoft Office applications experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective presentation and customer relations skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Goal oriented, self-disciplined, and self-motivated to produce results
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills.
Kuehne & Nagel Logistics - 18 months ago
With more than 63,000 employees at over a 1,000 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s...