The Reliability Engineer will serve multiple roles within our facility, including support of the maintenance department in troubleshooting static and rotating equipment issues, assists in the application of preventative and predictive maintenance programs and performs equipment replacement projects. The Reliability Engineer will also plan and execute minor and major inspections & repairs of steam turbines and compressors at the facility. The Reliability Engineer will also manage the Mechanical Integrity Program for the facility.
• Investigates equipment failures, performs root cause analyses and provides recommendations and solutions to address equipment issues.
• Plan, estimate and execute various projects as assigned.
• Plan, estimate and execute minor and major inspections and overhauls of plant steam turbines and compressors.
• Provides training and recommendations for improving Mechanical Integrity and Preventative and Predictive Programs.
• Maintains an equipment downtime report for each plant area and formulates projects or recommendations to reduce or eliminate that equipment’s downtime.
• B.S. degree in Mechanical or Reliability Engineering
• 5-10 years demonstrated experience in applying and overseeing mechanical integrity programs.
• 5-10 years of experience in executing major inspections on steam turbines, gas turbine and compressors.
• Experience with vibration analysis, mechanical and electrical machinery oil sampling and analysis, vessel and piping codes, welding procedures and methods, materials of construction, and equipment failure analysis.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively work with people
• Strong desire to learn with high level of initiative
Salary: PG 46
Rock Springs is located in scenic Wyoming with a wide variety of landscapes from high desert plains to colorful canyons and majestic mountains. The largest city in Sweetwater County, Rock Springs is located in an energy-rich region where natural resources around the area are the driving force behind the city’s economy. Miles of high desert adventure offer excellent recreation opportunities, affordable housing and a variety of cultural activities to choose from.
J.R. Simplot Company - 13 months ago