Responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of a redemption window. Accurately conduct cash, coin, ticket transactions and redemption for gaming customers. Prepare applicable paperwork and comply with cash reporting requirements.
- Safeguards assigned cash drawer and Casino assets.
- Counts and verifies all transactions in Cage at beginning and end of shift.
- Makes change and exchanges tickets/change for cash.
- Provides exceptional customer and co-worker relations.
- Maintains jet sort equipment by clearing coin jams and changing coin bags.
- Maintains accurate cage cash transmittal forms and other paper work.
- Maintains confidentiality of Casino Operations data.
- Maintains a neat, clean work area.
- Exchanges coins, tickets, and other valuable items for currency.
- Prepares and completes all job-related paperwork which includes, but not limited to, cash count sheets, coin transfers, bank summary sheets, over/short vouchers and other value items.
- Completes currency transaction reports as/if required by law.
- Maintains the integrity of video lottery equipment and secure all company assets and property at all times.
- Notifies Vault Cashier and/or Operations Shift manager with any problems that may arise with guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous money handling skills preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to logically and independently plan, organize and complete work.
- Must show initiative and have well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set and achieve high standards of performance.
- Maintain knowledge of basic concepts and techniques.
- Ability to receive instructions and hear inquiries from guest, clients or staff.
- Ability to perceive sizes, shapes, temperatures, textures, etc.
Accountable to: Main Bank Cashier
Accountable for: N/A
The above description denotes some of the specific characteristics which are necessary to perform the principal functions of the job and are not intended to be a description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Dover Downs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Dover Downs Hotel & Casino - 3 years ago