We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Material Handler to join one of our medical manufacturing groups at our Upper Saddle River, NJ facility.
Performs shipping and receiving activities as well as operates machinery as needed to support the manufacturing group with its goal of satisfying customer requirements of on-time delivery and quality and other communicated business objectives by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares and expedites all items for shipping adhering to delivery date requirements as well as customer specifications or standard company operating procedures regarding cleaning, individual and/or bulk packaging, and method of shipment.
- Generates and/or completes all documentation (including packing lists, certificates of compliance, and travelers) required for shipment, and ensures the appropriate forms are included in the shipment, filed and/or archived.
- Receives incoming shipments, verifying product and quantity according to the Inspection Plan, Traveler, and Purchase Order, and ensuring supplier certificates of compliance are signed and accurate.
- Upon receipt, identifies and segregates non-conforming material and contacts supplier and/or shipper, if applicable, to reconcile any issues regarding damages or shortages.
- Directs incoming shipments from suppliers to the next operation in the manufacturing process.
- Ensures inventory accuracy by entering shipping and receiving data into the ERP system on a timely basis.
- Performs physical counts of parts, as required, to substantiate inventory data.
- Maintains Kan Ban of required shipping supplies, replenishing as required.
- Recommends process improvements to management and upon approval, handles the implementation and updates any related documentation.
- Understands and complies with company policies, safety guidelines, quality system procedures and housekeeping standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year related experience and/or training preferably in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to work independently under general supervision
- Ability to read, write and speak English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and to respond to questions from vendors and other employees.
Triangle Manufacturing - 13 months ago
Triangle Manufacturing Company, Inc. has been a leader in contract manufacturing for over 50 years, working with many of the foremost...