Opportunities to expand knowledge, be inspired, explore and acquire new Life skills for children and youth in the Ft Knox community.
Encumbent creates Gymnastics program, following guidelines provided, for children and youth in the Ft Knox community.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- Serves as Instructor in the gymnastics program for children and youth
- Coordinates class schedules
- Tracks participants' accomplishments, long and short term goals, effort, and evaluations
- Tailors program to make it age and ability appropriate
- Models appropriate behavior and techniques
- Stimulates interest in the community for the gymnastics program
- Maintains control of and accounts for the whereabouts and safety of program participants
- Observes participants for signs that may indicate illness, abuse, or neglect and reports as directed
- Participates in conferences with parents, staff, and school representatives
- Plans and conducts special events designed to promote the program
- Uses designated evaluation materials to ensure compliance with standards and procedures as outlined in guidance provided
- Upload a High School diploma, GED certificate, or college transcripts
- Be able to communicate in English (written and verbal)
- Be 18 years of age at the time of the appointment
- Possess and maintain the ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis
- Possess and maintain health and freedom from communicable diseases
- Demonstrate skill and competence in Gymnastics instruction
Highly preferred candidates will upload a Professional cerificate in gymnastics, or a college transcripit showing at least 15 semester hours in gymnastics
A copy of the High School Diploma, GED certificate, or college transcripts must be uploaded to be considered minimally qualified
A copy of a Professional Certificate in Gymnastics must be uploaded to be considered Highly Preferred
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI); to include a health assessment is required.
6. Social Security Card, Birth Certificate or current passport, Green card (if applicable) must be presented at time of appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Minimum Qualifications
- Physical Requirements
- Highly Preferred Criteria
- Facility Operations
- Integrity Certification
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 17 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...