Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America with 1,600+ stores. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S. and Canada.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Shift Lead Operator Sr. Midrange Operator/Service Availability Manager position is a critical role that is responsible for all operational readiness and support of all shift related activities. The incumbent will have accountability to ensure the end to end service delivery of all applications and infrastructure support.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Midrange Computer Operator. This position is located in Phoenix, AZ.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Consults with IT support teams on new systems.
• Oversees changes to the production environment.
• Identifies and works with various requestors to resolve potential conflicts.
• Communicates status of operations to allow for immediate response to service disruptions.
• Monitors multi-platform operations within the production environment, interpreting alert issues and resolving or coordinating resolution to more complex production, application and system problems to ensure that the Command Center service commitments are met.
• Ensures stable operating environment and attaining maximum utilization of system resources.
• Identifies production problem patterns and relationships and resolves issues to avoid impacts to system performance.
• Analyzes work flows and procedures, recommends and implements changes to the production environment.
• Audits and assures all processing procedures and documentation within the data center are maintained.
• Reviews and updates or writes daily operational documentation for shift transition as well as processing procedures/documentation within the Command Center for application processing and backup/contingency.
• Responds to customer inquiries, documents, resolves and closes complex problem records.
• Assists programmers and systems analysts in running jobs that are used for testing and debugging new programs.
• Shift Leader in the absence of the Shift Manager
- Conduct Shift turnover
- Direct response to any availability issues
- Provide work direction for all team members
- Manage external communications with senior leadership during service availability incident management (paging, email, phone)
• Provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, system problems.
• Schedules daily team duties and activities to ensure coverage and to ensure the Command Center service commitments are met.
• Drive the technical service restoration effort for any service availability issues and/or lead service restoration calls.
• Assist in coordinating training and development for the Command Center staff.
Qualifications: The follow are required unless specifically stated as preferred or desired:
• 2 year diploma or AA degree or 4 year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or technical institute degree/certificate equivalent and/or combination of education or work experience.
• 7+ years of IT work experience preferably on open systems.
• Strong knowledge of software applications and utilities, operating systems, telecommunication protocols, job scheduling packages, scripting and macro languages.
• Strong knowledge of various operating systems across platforms and associated software applications (Mainframe Z/OS, HP, UNIX, Linux, Windows, BMC Patrol, Remedy, IBM Tivoli Network Manager, CA Wily Introscope, Fluke Visual Performance, Database Administration: MS SQL, Oracle, DB2,Data warehouse technologies, Backup and Storage Technologies, etc.). And/or strong knowledge of Network equipment and Network management tools, including but not limited to: (Router, switches, IOS, ITNM, Net cool). Network certificates are preferred.
• Ensure Monitoring Service Maps are accurately maintained, well-tuned, and integrated.
• Drive for results through proactive and predictive measures.
• Accountable for system availability, service delivery, service restoration in a high volume and complex technical environment.
• Maintain current knowledge of industry trends/ Environmental Changes and potential impact on the Command Center.
• Work effectively in cross-functional teams at different technical skill levels and with other cultures.
• Takes initiative for continuous improvement, supports and champions change.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write clear instructions and communicate effectively.
• Strong knowledge of documentation processes/procedures.
• Strong ability to understand client expectations and to proactively resolve issues that impact the business.
• Strong ability for self-development while mentoring, coaching and training lower level computer operators.
• Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality products.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, business management, leadership and customer service skills including consensus building and facilitation skills.
• Focal point for all operational readiness and support of all shift related activities.
• Review changes and responding to health checks while actively monitoring all systems.
• Excellent analytical, risk mitigation, negotiation and vendor relationship skills. Intermediate experience with event management concepts and tools preferred.
• Thorough understanding of ITIL practices and philosophy.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.careersatsafeway.com.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North...