Alere is looking for a Fixed Asset Accountant
This position is responsible for the monthly preparation of financial statements by applying GAAP and Company accounting policies. Individual will analyze financial statement trends and variances and effectively communicate business drivers of the variances.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Month-end close: compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare journal entries and accruals to general ledger accounts. Analyzes financial statement fluctuations and prepares variance explanations for month end.
- Records all fixed asset transactions in accordance with GAAP and Corporate policies. Has ability to apply SOP 98-1 accounting rules for internally developed software.
- Prepares variance explanations of the business drivers causing the fluctuations for the balance sheet and profit and loss statements for quarterly reviews and annual audit by external auditors.
- Reconciles and analyzes Balance Sheet accounts to source data and systems to ensure all transactions have been accurately recorded. Prepares fixed asset rollforward schedules that tie to the subledger. Researches and resolves any issues identified in timely manner.
- Prepares audit schedules and provide internal and external auditors with information to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley and quarterly and annual audit requirements.
- Strong Analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze data and use professional judgment in decision making.
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a high pressure dynamic environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Team player.
- Fast learner and adaptable to change.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required.
- At least 3 years of fixed asset experience, monthly financial close experience and balance sheet reconciliations. Professional work experience in publicly traded companies required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft EXCEL (vlookups and pivot tables) and Windows environment.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or other ERP.
We value teamwork, accountability and trust. If you share these values and have a commitment to excellence and innovation, join the Alere team!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply online visit www.alerecareers.com and enter job code #03163
Alere LLC is an equal employment/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability please send an email to
to let us know the nature of your request.
Finance and Accounting
United States of America-Georgia-Atlanta
General & Administrative
Alere - 17 months ago
When you really need an answer -- fast -- toss out the crystal ball and bring in Alere. The company offers both professional and consumer...