Responsible for providing technical leadership for the site through optimization and reliability of mechanical systems and equipment, proactive identification and resolution of plant issues, and technical assistance to the Operations and Maintenance departments. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- System ownership / engagement / advocacy / prioritization for deficiency resolution leading to high levels of equipment reliability.
- Proactive performance monitoring, trending and system walkdowns for assigned systems.
- Use and sharing of Operating Experience (EN Fleet and industry).
- Work planning and prioritization (including long-range planning and life-cycle management).
- Prioritize / establish action plans to address deficiencies on assigned systems via the corrective action and work management processes.
- Interface with Maintenance and Operations for cost effective maintenance strategies on assigned systems.
- Support Maintenance and Operations in system troubleshooting and provide system / discipline expertise for troubleshooting significant events or complex plant problems.
- Support changes in assigned system configuration / design and design basis.
- Develop engineering products in accordance with defined standards and procedures.
- Advocate appropriate outage work scope prioritization / PM implementation for improving system reliability.
- Participate in project teams for critical on-line system outages or refueling outages.
- Serve on outage engineering support teams as assigned.
- Attend training and maintain qualifications necessary to perform required group functions.
- Maintain system related information in a manner that readily supports turnover.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other closely related scientific discipline / physical science generally associated with power plant operations or Equivalent Experience. (Equivalent Experience is defined as demonstrated success at the Engineer / Technical Specialist level.)
- 0 to 8 years experience in nuclear power design, operations, or equivalent, depending upon engineering level.
- Good to excellent communication skills and experience / proficiency in PC use and applications, depending upon engineering level.
- SRO license or certification on a PWR or BWR
- Professional Engineering license
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company.
Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Entergy Corporation - 2 years ago