Org Marketing Statement
Jarden Home Brands markets leading consumer brands that enhance the quality and convenience of life's everyday events. The Ball®, Kerr®, and Bernardin® canning and preserving brands have been trusted by consumers for generations to help preserve their harvest. The Diamond® brand is the perfect party complement in both style and function, from innovative matches and fire starters, to cutlery, toothpicks and other food and entertaining utensils. Pine Mountain® and Java-Log ® brands of firelogs offer safe, convenient, and eco-friendly alternative to wood. And our StarterLogg® and StarterStick® firestarters deliver the ultimate convenience for those preferring a natural cut wood fire.
We offer a competitive total compensation, health and wellness package and an engaging work environment where employees are rewarded and recognized for their individual and team contributions. Located in central Indiana, Jarden Home Brands is a subsidiary of Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH), a leading provider of niche consumer products, with over 25,000 employees worldwide.
Jarden Home Brands seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to be responsible for coordinating and scheduling all outbound shipments and maintaining the proper inventory levels at distribution centers to ensure optimal customer service while maintaining cost efficiency.
- Utilize forecast and MRP software to maintain optimum finished inventory levels in distribution centers to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements and to reduce delivery delinquencies while minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges.
- Plan and execute transportation for customer and internal shipments including carrier selection, mode optimization, and cost optimization while maintaining target customer services levels.
- Perform daily customer service reviews and coordinate the interaction between planning and customer service to ensure that inventory is available to meet customer shipments.
- Communicate and track shipment issues to ensure proper feedback to the carriers.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Logistics or related field and at least 2 years logistics experience is required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving to address and solve real time issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Strong operational management skills, the ability to operate as part of a team, organizing, planning, and executing ongoing daily operational needs
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks
Equal Employment Opportunity
We participate in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
Jarden Corporation - 22 months ago
More than 100 brands of consumer products for inside and outside the home make Jarden beam. It makes a variety of branded consumer products,...