HAEMONETICS, THE Blood Management Company is a global leader engaged in the design, manufacture and worldwide sales and marketing of blood management solutions. Recognized as the innovator in blood technologies, our mission is to create innovative products, design information technology platforms and to provide consulting services to advance the safety, quality and availability of the world’s blood supply.
Hardware/Electrical Engineer I
• Translates Hardware/Electrical Engineering requirements into design specifications and applications. Interfaces with customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel to support efforts.
• Learns and applies standards, processes, policies, practices, techniques, and tools throughout the product/system development lifecycle including Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and applicable medical device development protocols under FDA Quality Systems Regulations, CE Marking, and ISO Quality Systems.
• Working under close supervision, applies basic mastery of Hardware/Electrical engineering theory, methods and techniques, where work assignments require limited technical depth and are highly focused.
• Performs basic/routine design and engineering project support in a participatory and structured atmosphere. Provides team/project service and support. Builds software, coordinates methods and processes, develops basic/simple test protocols, performs routine or basic software testing and analyses, and writes technical reports.
• Learns basic business fundamentals, and leverages creative skills with understanding of policies, procedures, and product/project and operational goals and priorities by executing assigned work with quality, accuracy, and timeliness.
• Solves routine/basic problems using specialized engineering principles, tools, and methods to recognize and formulate problems, collect data through observation and experiment, and forms, tests, and validates hypotheses; efficiently selects and uses laboratory equipment and tools, and clearly documents, communicates, and summarizes technical findings and results for status updates, coordination, and recommendations.
• Learns project management practices and communicates proactively, openly, and cooperatively within the department and with supervisory staff to keep team informed; provides oral reports, and prepares timely and clearly written status reports, updates, and technical presentations.
• Learns/develops diversity/global awareness and communicates with cultural sensitivity.
• Proactively identifies, communicates, and refers problems or coordination needs to senior staff or supervisors; provides timely detailed background/data to support problem-resolution; seeks guidance as necessary to respond to needs or changes, and quickly assesses requirements to meet target milestones, goals, and deadlines. Takes initiative to offer suggestions for improved methods, processes, products, services, or techniques.
• May guide the work of support staff; communicating clearly both orally, and with written technical specifications.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• BSEE or BS in Hardware Engineering; or equivalent combination of Training & Experience; plus 0-2 years related experience.
• Basic level mastery of both business/technical applications.
• Experience with medical device development under FDA Quality Systems Regulations, CE Marking, and ISO Quality Systems desirable.
• Good oral, written, and technical writing skills are required.
Haemonetics Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.